broadheads supposed to hit way lower than field points?

OP
dpidaho

dpidaho

FNG
Hey Man, if you're relatively new to archery, just know that the bucket is vast and deep. I'm guessing you don't have a drawboard and press? You really need to start with ensuring that your cams are in sync, ie: they roll over exactly the same together and your string hits the draw stop at the same time (so many variables in this: string age/stretch, where your nock point is, if your limbs are backed out evenly). Then once you have that, you can move on to dialing in moving your rest in 1/32nd increments to bring your broadheads and field points together. Not sure where you live but honestly, getting to a hoyt shop and paying for a tune would probably be worth it for you, just make sure that the tune you pay for is not a 15 minute thing but rather they actually take time with you to get you shooting it well, either with a bareshaft or through paper.
thanks ndbuck09! yea that post was from last season. it was my cams.-they were way out of sync. I had a new string put on and bow tuned. everything shooting great now! thanks.

OP
dpidaho

dpidaho

FNG
Hey DpIdaho,

I’ll be there helping a friend with the rifle elk tag October 1st-14th. Could exchange info if your season overlaps. And relay info on any mule deer if we see one and likewise for You with elk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hoping to get a buck down by then, but if still hunting in October- could definitely share info. i'll be taking a quick scouting trip this weekend- then at least one more before season. i'll message you if I turn up any elk.