Broken bows

Fire_9

WKR
How many of you guys have broken a bow and of those, how many have been high end bows or from reputable bowyers? I saw a two piece longbow break at the grip this weekend and it was the second failure I’ve seen from this particular bowyer. I know a lot of factors can play into this but Im just curious how common it is

I've not broken one yet, but I've seen a samick sage blow up, and another recurve, which I can't remember the model right now. It snapped at the handle and hit the shooter in the eye. That reminds me, I need to prioritize learning an anchor that can be shot with eye protection on...

oldgoat

WKR
I had a trad tech riser fail on a glue seam, didn't come completely apart, think the limb bolts kept it together, received a replacement which was put together totally different, made me think that maybe that wasn't the first time that happened, really wish I had just fixed it. Wife's a&h had a limb delam, just sitting on the ground at rest in elk camp, we had just packed in a little way and setup camp and was going to head out hunting, had to walk out and drive home and get her a different bow from the house and then went to rmsgear to shoot some broadheads and then drove back up, it was late as hell when we got back to camp. Eleven years into trad and these are the only failures we've had.

No risers break, a few limbs delam and come apart.

Most violent thing was an end loop break on an ilf that sent limbs downrange. Top limb chased the arrow to the bale pretty hard.

Limbs delam were old bows. Just kinda a risk with them it seems.

Wrench

WKR
I rolled a limb on a recurve. It was my fault, but didn't take much to do. I won't say who, but it was one of the biggest names.