Broken carbon tubes in Kifaru frames? Anyone else?

LonePeak18

Lil-Rokslider
Both my buddy and I have had the same problem with our Kifaru frames. The carbon tubes in the frame that connect the frame stays together up near the top of the frame have snapped while hauling heavy loads. I'm not particularly surprised that they broke considering both packs broke in separate occasions while carry 150lb+ loads, although it would be nice if they didn't considering the price you pay for a Kifaru pack.

Just curious how many people have had this issue. Luckily I own heavy duty industrial sewing machines and was able to easily cut the stitches in the sleeve that contains the carbon tubes, cut new tubes out of arrows and fixed them up like new. I actually added two tubes to replace the single tube that comes in the Kifaru from the factory.

Funny enough, the tubes that Kifaru uses are Beman Hunter arrows; Has the arrow wrap on it and everything.

If anyone has this issue and wants me to fix it for them I'm happy to do it. Just supply me with an old arrow that I can cut up. I live in the Salt Lake area.

Attachments

• 20220113_111945.jpg
    20220113_111945.jpg
    322.8 KB · Views: 153

Squirrels

WKR
I believe that was a problem among some of the early versions of the Duplex Lite, mine did the same thing. I've seen at least one more recent version of the frame that did not use a carbon arrow for that support but something more rectangular and much beefier.

sr80

WKR
ya i think the originals had arrows like mentioned but they've changed it to some sort of polymer material i think i heard mentioned.
ugD79YQ.jpg

id_jon

WKR
Mine broke about a year ago, so I threw a new arrow in there and it got by for the rest of the season, then the arrow wore through the sleeve, so I sent in and kifaru sent me a whole new frame.

OP
LonePeak18

LonePeak18

Lil-Rokslider
Yep, we replaced that part with a glass filled polymer part. Tried to use the arrows we had on hand but it didn't work out. LonePeak, pm me your address and I'll send you a couple of them for you and your buddy.
Great. Seems like a good fix. With the two arrow shafts I have in mine it seems to be holding up well. I appreciate the offer.

suda0402

FNG
Mine broke, I sent it in and they replaced it and sent it back in under two weeks. They put a flat bar in there. Held up great carrying about my bull this year.

Both my buddy and I have had the same problem with our Kifaru frames. The carbon tubes in the frame that connect the frame stays together up near the top of the frame have snapped while hauling heavy loads. I'm not particularly surprised that they broke considering both packs broke in separate occasions while carry 150lb+ loads, although it would be nice if they didn't considering the price you pay for a Kifaru pack.

Just curious how many people have had this issue. Luckily I own heavy duty industrial sewing machines and was able to easily cut the stitches in the sleeve that contains the carbon tubes, cut new tubes out of arrows and fixed them up like new. I actually added two tubes to replace the single tube that comes in the Kifaru from the factory.

Funny enough, the tubes that Kifaru uses are Beman Hunter arrows; Has the arrow wrap on it and everything.

If anyone has this issue and wants me to fix it for them I'm happy to do it. Just supply me with an old arrow that I can cut up. I live in the Salt Lake area.
Snyder admitted to that. When they first came out with the duplex lite. Since then They have changed to a stronger material. You must have bought one of the originals.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patw