Brooks Down Sweater vs Uncompahgre 2.0 for Midwest Treestand

bwjones

FNG
I am curious if anyone has used the Brooks Down Sweater as a layer for treestand hunting? I have a Uncompahgre 2.0 currently but the weather was too warm where I currently hunt last season (MO, KY, IL) to use it. I know firstlite has a dedicated whitetail line but I am going on my first hunt out west this fall and have been tailoring my gear for both Midwest treestand/Western hunting. Know the Brooks Down seems to be 50/50 on likes judging by previous posts, but was wondering if layering wick,furnace, Klamath, Brooks, and then Corrugate Guide/Rain Shell would get me down to temps below 30*f comfortably?

I am curious if anyone has used the Brooks Down Sweater as a layer for treestand hunting? I have a Uncompahgre 2.0 currently but the weather was too warm where I currently hunt last season (MO, KY, IL) to use it. I know firstlite has a dedicated whitetail line but I am going on my first hunt out west this fall and have been tailoring my gear for both Midwest treestand/Western hunting. Know the Brooks Down seems to be 50/50 on likes judging by previous posts, but was wondering if layering wick,furnace, Klamath, Brooks, and then Corrugate Guide/Rain Shell would get me down to temps below 30*f comfortably?
I think youd be looking pretty sweet below 30 degrees with the layering system in the last part of your post

Lowg08

WKR
I hunt only eastern Appalachian mtn for whitetail. I use a western back country hunting approach. I believe you’ve got it pretty much nail. My set up varies a bit but pretty much similar. For 30 and below I will wear kiln, 260 strong fleece, uncle padre vest and brooks or chamberlain under a rain shell. It just change weights on my mid and base and puffy as dictated. You’ve got a good set up I believe

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
I've had both for a long time now and used them a bunch. The Brooks is a little bit warmer. I really like the uncomphagre for situations where there's swings in temp. Like where I'm in and outside regularly. It always seems to feel just right. Either way they're very comparable as far as the purpose they serve. For all out hunting I'd pick the Brooks for casual/hunting the uncomphagre