Brooks-Range Cirro Extreme jacket

Snyd

WKR
Well I bought one of these Brooks-Range Mountaineering Cirro Extreme jackets for sheep hunting, sitting, glassing, napping etc. Got if from REI for $137.73 w/free shipping. Retail is 229.

First impressions are good. Warm, no frills, decent pockets. Collar comes up past chin enough. Hood is "helmet compatible" which means it's big. I don't need it that big but it might come in handy if I wear it skiing.

Pertex Quantum fabric sure seems "tissuie" but is supposed to be pretty darn tough, windproof and fairly water resistant. Well see. My OR raingear is a Pertex Quantum stretchy fabric and it held up well to 48hrs of heavy packing in rain, shale and brush last year. Only "problem" I see at this point is it has a sheen to it. It's a little shiny for my liking which to me was not apparent in online pics I saw. I emailed Brooks-Range about it and they said "…the shine will fade after you wash a couple of times." I hope so, we'll see. But on the other hand. Rocks shine in sheep country but still, I'd prefer duller grey.

The logo is cool though :)

brooksRangeLogo_zps5198fe2d.jpg

http://brooks-range.com/Cirro-Extreme.html

Our warmest Primaloft insulation jacket. Using two layers of 60g insulation in the body the Cirro Extreme is designed to be worn as a over jacket when the temp's start to drop.
Weight: 17oz (482g) medium (Size large weighs 19ozs. I weighed it.)
Primaloft Insulation
Pertex Quantum fabric
Helmet Compatible hood
Two chest pockets
Draft collar
Hand warmer pockets
Low bulk cuffs

Extreme%20Grey%20small.JPG

Diwoochoo

FNG
Hi there, I know you posted a long time ago, but is your Brooks Range Cirro available for sale?