Brooks Range Drop Off

gdavis

Lil-Rokslider
Good afternoon. Alaska resident here. Currently looking into doing a DIY drop hunt in either 2022 or 2023 in the central brooks Brooks Range for sheep and possibly 'bou. Never flown into this region or looked into people offering services. Figured I would start here for suggestions on who to trust. Thank you in advance and happy hunting.

as.ks.ak

WKR
It’s Gonna cost you 3Gs per person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my research I looked at numerous outfits and selected Wright Air as well. Yeah, not every review is glowing and one is particularly scary but then I looked at that guy's review history and saw all his reviews were one star which tells me something. Good luck up there.

Alaskan89

Lil-Rokslider
I'd suggest driving up the Dalton and flying in with Brooks Range Aviation, have them pick you up at Grayling lake and fly you in or your could drive up to Galbreath lake and have 70 Degrees North fly you out or whatever other air charter is operating up there. I have a couple of spots that I can share but be aware that it's been years since I've hunted up there so I do not have any recent intel, maybe one of the air services will be of some help.

deadwolf

WKR
I'd suggest driving up the Dalton and flying in with Brooks Range Aviation, have them pick you up at Grayling lake and fly you in or your could drive up to Galbreath lake and have 70 Degrees North fly you out or whatever other air charter is operating up there. I have a couple of spots that I can share but be aware that it's been years since I've hunted up there so I do not have any recent intel, maybe one of the air services will be of some help.

I thought Mike at 70 north had stopped dropping sheep hunters? At least that’s what he passed on to me a couple years ago. He said he just wasnt seeing enough sheep to justify taking people out a d felt guilty taking them hiking essentially. Could’ve changed in the last two years maybe?

Alaskan89

Lil-Rokslider
I thought Mike at 70 north had stopped dropping sheep hunters? At least that’s what he passed on to me a couple years ago. He said he just wasnt seeing enough sheep to justify taking people out a d felt guilty taking them hiking essentially. Could’ve changed in the last two years maybe?

He might be, like I said in my previous post, it's been a while since I hunted up that way.

DIY fly in options in the Brooks are becoming less and less each year. Wrights, Arrowhead, BRA and maybe a few others. I'd do some research and find the diamond in the rough that will take you out... Plan on north of 4K.