Brown bear rug or mount?

"I have an archery bear "slam" all rugged in one area of the house. The brown, polar and grizzly are all on one wall and neat as heck to my eye. The black is just across from them. Wouldn't want them life-sized but that is just my taste.
I would LOVE to see that. Any chance you could post a pic? Or even PM one?"

Steve O, See your PMs. I choose to not post photos on the web. Blockcaver

Guy

Lil-Rokslider
Not a brownie, an 8.5' Brooks Range grizz. I had no room left in the house for either a rug, or a full body mount... So, just had the hide tanned and draped it over the footboard of our bed. It's nice there. Looks good, and every night I am reminded of that awesome hunt, well north of the Arctic circle.

rBidVQMh.jpg

6tkkWEah.jpg

The skull resides on a shelf in my gun/handloading room. The real trophy was the hunt itself. Bear was taken 7 days into a 9 day hunt. I was prepared for a 300 yard shot with my 30-06 rifle. Instead it was quite a few shots, all from 40 - 15 yards.

The hide is awesome, and I'm so grateful that the guide did a superb job of skinning the bear. I helped where I could, but he was a master of the craft. Best of luck on your hunt, and be prepared for either a one-shot kill, a fight, or something in between. :)

I did what I could with the hide - we honestly had no room left for a rug or a full body mount.

Regards, Guy

MOwhitetail

Lil-Rokslider
I vote mount. If you have the space and money that is. I met a guy last year who has a full body brown bear in his living room and I’ve never been more in awe by a piece of taxidermy.

SLA

FNG
My vote is life size, if you have room and wish to spend the required money.
People gravitate towards life size bears in awe of how big they are.

elkguide

WKR
Only have a black bear mounted. He was a little bit over 400 pounds, 78" from tail to nose and a 74" spread. I was going to do a rug but don't have a wall big enough to hold him so a friend talked me into a full mount. Cringed at the cost and I did have to give away our piano to make room for him...…. best move that I ever made. I smile as I walk by him every day.

OP
S

sniper61

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for all the ideas and great photos. leaning towards the mount now . Hope i get to make that choice.

Reactions: Guy

Gen273

WKR
I would love to have a Brown Bear to make this decision about. Brown Bear is an absolute dream hunt for me!

Montucky

WKR
Classified Approved
Kids and animals in house are not conducive to mounts, especially on the floor. It would be chewed and altered pretty quick.
So you mean like my first month married to my wife we moved in together & her dog ripped my black bear rug off the wall & chewed all the front claws off?

• Wow
Reactions: Guy

RS3579

WKR
I have 1 full body and a 1 rug with brown felt background of the bears I got. If I get another bear I’ll do a rug again with red felt background. I like the rugs more. Good luck hunting

I have both. The rug you can move around if you want. Not so easy to do with the full mount. And the rug is much cheaper

I got a nice brown bear in November. My wife felt like we needed a couch more than a full mount. Hence, I’m having a rug made.