Brown Hunting Clothes

OP
Benjblt

Benjblt

WKR
Most camo looks brown at any sort of distance. I routinely wear brown and charcoal/grey. If some dipshit is going to check you out through his scope or send one at the crack of of a stick, he's not going to do so based on what you are or are not wearing.

I typically avoid black because I feel it is a very eye-catching color, not so much that I'm worried about looking like a bear.

On the other hand,

I was archery elk hunting a few years ago when I watched a muzzleloader wielding bear hunter who was also carrying a pistol, mace himself right outside the parking lot. His companion said he had already done it once earlier. That's the person you have to watch out for...
I'm more worried about close quarters. . and brush. Somebody sees color and thinks "There he is. Time to take a snap shot." You have to be quick where I live. Some guys aren't also careful.

boom

WKR
rifle hunts, i wear whatever. i got it done with blue jeans before.

Hondo

WKR
I do wear brown pants (First Lite Dry Earth) sometimes but never with a brown shirt. I stick with Green or Gray when wearing solid tops.

Meridian90

Lil-Rokslider
I have some baselayers in dry earth in case I need to be somewhere after a hunt, but if not, I stick with something else. And brown pants from FL because I can wear those to work and then right to the field or vice versa.

I wear my browns ice fishing, but I feel like it's safe to wear out there.

Lowg08

WKR
I wear solid but only in grey or green. I hunt public land and I wear a vest and hat while walking in. I wear an orange hat hiking in during archery. Normally with solids I wear solid pants and camo tops

sneaky

"DADDY"
No, "cloths".

Blaze orange is not required. I hate wearing it. But you're right. It's fix. Thanks for the sound advice.
Are you looking for cleaning "cloths" or wash "cloths" that are earth toned? Just have to make sure because you were adamant that you aren't looking for clothes or clothing, but cloths. You are seriously overthinking the brown and gray color choices. If I had it to do all over again I would have bought all earth toned clothing. Way more versatile than camo patterns that are intended to pry hunters from their money.
0faf687359bab3af200011755aa52cf3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
Benjblt

Benjblt

WKR
Are you looking for cleaning "cloths" or wash "cloths" that are earth toned? Just have to make sure because you were adamant that you aren't looking for clothes or clothing, but cloths. You are seriously overthinking the brown and gray color choices. If I had it to do all over again I would have bought all earth toned clothing. Way more versatile than camo patterns that are intended to pry hunters from their money.
0faf687359bab3af200011755aa52cf3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Yep. I get it. I'm an idiot. Thanks for pointing it out.

To your second and more constructive point I dont think I am making a big deal out of it. It's a question worth asking and there are several people above that feel the same way. My question is mostly in regards to browns and grays. I, for example, have already made my mind up on black. Black would absolutely be dangerous in Oregon. I'm also partially color blind (undiagnosed) and that's a problem when evaluating colors. In a way, I'm also taking a survey of hunter's opinions as well.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk