WTB Browning A Bolt 25 wssm $450?

Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Hey guys I am thinking about buying a browning A Bolt in the 25 wssm its blued with black stock, and has a 24" barrel. Overall it's in nice shape. So what's it worth? Is $450 a good price considering ammo is hard to find, any one have one?
If this is the wrong place to post this , let me know. But essentially I'm looking for one.
Thanks

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
For a clean A-Bolt 1 or 2, $450 is pretty cheap. For an ab3 it's right on the money. I usually see solid A-Bolts go for 700-1200 depending on caliber and condition

OP
SavedByGrace2001
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Well this is a novice question, since I'm not a browning guy, how can I tell the difference between the 1,2 or 3?
Thanks

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
1 and 2 are pretty similar, and for all intents and purposes there's no need to differentiate. They are most identifiable by a hinged floor plate that a box mag snaps in to, and a shrouded slab side bolt. The ab3 has a detachable box mag and an unshrouded bolt, and isnt technically an A-Bolt. Browning pulled a fast one calling it the AB3 trying to make folks think it was a continuation of the A-Bolt series.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
1 and 2 are pretty similar, and for all intents and purposes there's no need to differentiate. They are most identifiable by a hinged floor plate that a box mag snaps in to, and a shrouded slab side bolt. The ab3 has a detachable box mag and an unshrouded bolt, and isnt technically an A-Bolt. Browning pulled a fast one calling it the AB3 trying to make folks think it was a continuation of the A-Bolt series.
Yea and the magazine is polymer . Not near the great rifle the ab1 or ab2 were

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Yea and the magazine is polymer . Not near the great rifle the ab1 or ab2 were
Agreed. I have several abolts, and when I heard about the 3 I was stoked. Then I handled one... Threw up in my mouth and went home and cried for an hour after that

OP
SavedByGrace2001
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Well went to the gun shop to check it out and it was sold. I guess I should have went with my gut instinct and bought it yesterday 😭
Thanks for the help guys, at least I'll know for next time

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Man sorry to hear that! I'm an A-Bolt lover, and will always advocate for buying them if you like the cartridge.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Well went to the gun shop to check it out and it was sold. I guess I should have went with my gut instinct and bought it yesterday 😭
Thanks for the help guys, at least I'll know for next time
Do you own a smart phone? Usually on something like that I jump on Google or start calling some buddies up to get a ball park figure.

I’d venture to say a rifle at $450 with the name browning is probably a ‘good to great’ deal. Worse case scenario you bought it for $500 OTD and decided you didn’t want it and you could resell it for your initial investment.