Browning A-Bolt and X-Bolt

Aside from the obvious cosmetic differences, the amount of metal and thus overall weight. One could argue that the A-Bolts were made in a time when market share, margins, and corporate profits were not Browning's top priority. Back in the 1990s and leading up to that time, owning a Browning was really something special.

OP
K

kid44

Lil-Rokslider
Aside from the obvious cosmetic differences, the amount of metal and thus overall weight. One could argue that the A-Bolts were made in a time when market share, margins, and corporate profits were not Browning's top priority. Back in the 1990s and leading up to that time, owning a Browning was really something special.
Of the two which one is "better"?

WJS23

WKR
It all depends on what you are looking at, they are both different rifles. I had an xbolt and hated how round the stock was but the rifle shot MOA and now my dad has it and kills deer with it ever year

I have two A-Bolts (260 REM & 308 Win) and one X-Bolt (300WM). I like all three but favor the A-Bolts. They are a little on the heavy side but carry well and very accurate. Trying to find an A-Bolt is a chore. Mine will not be for sale.

My xbolt medallion is tack driver in 7 mag! Stock is awful pretty so don’t take it to the field much

Oaks

FNG
I love A-bolts. Currently building a 6mm creedmoor on one with a Proof carbon barrel. Not looking forward to waiting on the stock.

sdupontjr

WKR
I too have a 1995 Browning Abolt II Medallion in 7mm Rem mag with the Boss system and is still the queen of my safe. Been used strictly for hunting only. I just recently put a M-carbo trigger spring which made the stock trigger nicer. The recoil lug came bedded from factory in my wood stock. I even had my name engraved on the bolt back when Browning would allow you to send in the bolt and for I believe $20, they would Script your name on the bolt face. I don't use it much anymore, but starting to get into reloading and want to see if I can stretch her legs out for some long distance playing around. Though about having it rebarreled to remove the Boss system, but not many folks have aftermarket stocks or will attempt to remove the barrel. At least the ones I've talked to.