Browning A Bolt Bolt Shroud Rotation Issues

Hi all. I have an old (late 80s) browning a bolt where every once in a while after a shot when i run the bolt, the bolt shroud rotates and the bolt wont go home (which inevitably means I slam the thing into the back of the receiver and ding it). The issue is that when i run the bolt, the firing pin sear is not fully seating in the notch on the bolt handle so the firing pin doesnt cock and the bolt shroud rotates so the bolt won't go back in.

I have a stock pack on my rifle to build up the comb for a better cheek weld and occasionally, I've noticed that if it works its way forward the bolt may slightly contact it when fully rearward. So my first question is whether maybe the cocking indicator is contacting the stock pack and its somehow causing the firing pin sear not to seat correctly. However given that we're talking about a soft edge made of nylon and there is only minimal contact, I'm not sure that's the issue.

The problem only seems to occur when I fire a live round. I dry fire my rifle a lot and I have never been to recreate the issue dry firing it - it always occurs at the range and always catches me by surprise (maybe once every 50-100 rounds) . Its not a big deal at the range since I can remove the bolt, manually lock the sear into place and keep shooting but obviously that creates a concern if it were to happen in the field and I needed a quick follow up shot.

I tried calling browning's service center and they were less than helpful. I'd like to avoid sending the rifle in to have it evaluated (particularly since I'm not easily able to recreate the issue). From what I can see, the notch in the bolt handle doesn't look like its worn down

Has anyone else ever experience this with an a bolt and found a solution (or at least has any ideas what the problem is)?