Browning and other accurate bolt gun options

I've got an X bolt Long Range Gray Laminate in 6.5 Creed that easily shoots .5 moa groups with factory ammunition when I do my part.

manitou1

WKR
These are the only groups I ever took pics of. They were shot from two identical .280 Rem X-Bolts with the first 160 gr handloads I tried. The first five shots of 160 gr loads ever shot from each rifle. They shoot the 140 Accubonds even better!
Both are 5-shot groups.
I get these type of groups every time I shoot these rifles, or better ones without exception.
Xbolt 160 accubond accuracy pic.jpgXbolt 160 accubond accuracy pic.jpg

Attachments

• 20200222_134906.jpg
    20200222_134906.jpg
    257.4 KB · Views: 14

Cargun

FNG
3 of my 4 x-bolts shoot great with a wide variety of ammo. 0.3, 0.5, and 0.6moa for 3 shot groups. I do have a 223 12" twist that struggles to be a 1 moa gun however.

I've tried most rifles on the market 2k and down and Xbolt is my favorite hunting rifle. Only downside for me is the triggers have been inconsistent across my samples. My first came down to a great 3.25lb crisp trigger. Long range Stalker only came down to 3.75 lbs, but still crisp. Pro is 3.75 lbs with a touch of creep. I have not touched the trigger in the 223 yet. 4lbs from factory, and crisp.

3.25 lbs is my preferred weight for hunting, which is mainly in the winter. For a warm weather target gun I would start looking at aftermarket options. My Pro and long range I'm going to try springs in first though.

I found the same thing on my 3 XBolts, awesome shooting guns. Each of the triggers was different. Could not get a good reduction in the trigger weight even with the adjustment screw out! I replaced the trigger spring with an MCarbo in all 3. The 28 Nosler went down to 3 lb. and crisp. The 30 06 went down to 3.75 lb and the 300 win mag went down to 4! Left the 28 Nosler alone, swapped out the triggers in the other 2 for Timney's. Depending on how the 28 Nosler shoots, when I get some ammo, I may swap the trigger out.

All the XBolts shoot a wide range of ammo.

I own a Tikka, Remington, Winchester, Sig, Marlin and the XBolts are my favorite.

kevin11mee

Lil-Rokslider
Fierce makes a great rifle. .5 MOA guarantee. Smooth action. Detachable mag holds 5 magnum rounds.

I have a CA Mesa in 300 Win Mag that actually shoots great with 180gr Federal Fusions. I was anxious to shoot it and had a box, so I didn’t bother to load some. Now I might not bother at all.

Then again, I’ve had good luck with Tikkas, Savages, Remingtons, and the 2008+ Winchesters have been really good. I’d just figure out what cartridge you’re interested in and pick a rifle that gives you enough magazine space. Even though 300 Win Mag “fits” in a 30-06 length box, I prefer a rifle that has a bigger box to give me some OAL to play with. That’s why I like Remington 700 long actions and clones for LA cartridges. Lots of magazine space. Tikkas using short action calibers and M+ magazines are good too.

BCD

WKR
I don't reload or have anywhere to shoot much over 150 yards. Spent over $400 shooting different loads in my 300 Win Mag. Everything shot pretty good, except Browning Ammo and some HSM, aweful groups. Wanting to set this up for western elk hunts I wanted to be able to verify shots and my scope to at least 500 yards. I also wanted to shoot a heavy for caliber bullet as the gun has a 1in8" twist. Not reloading I didn't have alot of options.

Sent the gun to Pendelton Ammo. They found a load with Hornady ELDX 220 grain, 2795 fps and 0.5 MOA! Shot the load out to I think 500 yards, can't remember to check drop and accuracy. Worth every penny. Shot my elk at 505 yards, spot on!!!! After shooting 6 boxes feeling out the gun I just ordered some more. Don't have to worry about someone having ammo in stock.

Doing the same with my 28 Nosler as I can't find ammo anywhere.
Interesting. Is it pretty expensive to have this done?

Thanks!

S7even

FNG
I have only been able to shoot my hells canyon speed a few times due to ammo availability, but it was about 1 moa for the first group I shot through it.