Browning BLR - what are your thoughts?

Comerade

FNG
I have quite alot of experience with BLR's.
I prefer the takedown, and found the rifle shoots more reliably with a LER/ scout scope. I can even bore sight the barrelled section.
The takedown is easier to clean, easier to carry( it will fit in my backpack)
With the scout scope setup, accuracy improved and holds poi very well.
Choose a chambering that easily chambers and extracts , a round like the 30/06 etc. I would not have one in the newer short / fats or any sharp shouldered cartridge.
With the .270 wcf/ 243 win or the .450 Marlin they cycle well. The trigger I am used to( added a trigger shoe)

OP
PredatorSlayer
That trigger is horrific. No gun with a trigger that bad I’d consider a 500 yard gun. If you’re looking to shoot that far why aren’t you considering a bolt?
I shoot out to 1250 all the time…I guess in my mind 500 was a chip shot. I have some bolt guns, they are just 26-28” barrels and weigh 9.5-11lbs. I wasn’t aware of the crappy trigger which is why I posted. I would love a Barrett Fieldcraft. They are just hard to come by.

I was reading some reviews on it and it looks like it has a trigger pull between 6-7lbs. That may just be what these lever action rifles are…
Not necessarily. I have no idea why because it was like this when I got it, but my 1959 Winchester 94 (that I've owned since 1984) has one of the best triggers on it of any gun I've owned. 3.5# and crisp with no creep. People who shoot it can't believe it. It is a big reason that gun is so accurate, even for a lever action Winchester 30-30. Maybe the previous owner had some work done on it? I don't know but I know not all lever guns have to have crap triggers.

OP
PredatorSlayer
So, I ended up passing on the BLR and bought a Christensen MPP in 308. It was a little more money and only has a 12.5” barrel, but should accomplish what I want it to.