Browning Feather/White/Gran Lightning Thoughts

NDGuy

WKR
I am looking pretty hard at the Feather Lightning in 16ga.

This will solely be used for hunting upland, no trap. Does anyone have a newer Feather Lightning, White Lightning or Gran Lightning in 16 or 20ga?

What are everyone's thoughts and experiences so far? Thanks everyone!

yfarm

WKR
Between my son and I have 3 Browning 20s as well as an acquaintance who had 2 20 ga Feathers
1 1958 Superposed 28” perfect balance and swing MF chokes fixed, 1 oz load pheasant killing machine
1 ShotShow Citori white lightning upland 24” straight stock balance off slightly butt heavy, love carrying it but dont shoot it well
1 Citori white lightning 26” perfect balance for me but son prefers 28”
Friend had 2 feathers think 28”, sold both due to recurrent misfires
For reference recoil in the upland is no worse than the others, have heard the 12 ga version is bad, shoot an old Citori lightning 12 26 and its fine.

OP
NDGuy

NDGuy

WKR
Thank you both, bad time to be looking that’s for sure haha

Macintosh

WKR
Is it Feather or superlight models that have an aluminum frame? Cant recall which. Alu frame guns are light but handle differently than a steel-framed gun, IMO the steel framed guns handle significantly better for any given weight class of gun, so if possible would be nice to try them side by side so you can compare. Some people love em, some dont. Other than that, lots of people love brownings, if they fit you nothing wrong with them.

I have a White Lightning in 20/28" and a Gran Lightning 12/28".

I agree that Superposed just feel different...Like perfect balance and swing weight for an upland shotgun.

I love my 20/28 White Lightning.
I waited for the right piece of walnut and when I saw it, I jumped. It's spent many days in the field and shows very little wear.

The 12ga Gran Lightning is beautiful...Mineral streaks in the buttstock. The blued receiver will probably show wear sooner but that goes with owning a beautiful field gun.
The Prince of Wales grips are nice to carry also.

Brownings just fit me really well.

Good luck.

Attachments

• Gran.jpg
    Gran.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 5
Last edited: