Browning Jackets

Hhardrockminer

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone use or had used the Browning Hell's Canyon hunting jackets?? Any information on them would be greatly be appreciated. Hhardrock

REB

FNG
X2 I would also like to hear some input on Browning Hell’s Canyon clothing.

MillCreekMike

Lil-Rokslider
I was interested in their clothing a few years ago. After watching a few episodes of "western hunter" I noticed those guys always look like they're freezing. So I never tried any.

I bought the backcountry pants, vest, and jacket in arid/urban, as well as the rainslayer jacket and pants and the merino base layers. It's one of my favorite camos. It's is very quiet and tough. I wore the backcountry jacket, vest, and pants, with baselayers in Idaho (Frank Church) for 7 days. In the 7 days I covered a lot of ground on foot and horse back. A couple of the days I hiked over 10 miles and fell down a few times, rolled a few times, was rubbed against trees because of ornery horses. I would buy it again, especially since I had a couple of months to find it all on sale at a very good price. I have also tested out the rain slayers and they work very well.

manitou1

WKR
Same us above. I like my Browning Hell 's Canyon clothing. I found my gear on sale and pieced it together over a couple seasons.

tanker

Lil-Rokslider
I have the parka and pants. They are ok for a not so heavy rain. They soak through if out in the heavy stuff for long. They are relatively warm. I also have the lower end Sitka ( don’t remember the name of the line. Cloudburst I think) and there is no comparison....Sitka wins but it comes with a bigger price tag.

OP
H

Hhardrockminer

Lil-Rokslider
Hey, I just received a Browning Hell's Canyon Speed jacket, As I've asked for any comments and gotten a few I ordered this jacket.
It is nice, comfortable, lite and well put together which makes it seem like it would be easy to layer, it's okay in a breeze but needs help there.
I would say it would be a good early fall, late spring jacket but you could make it work(I'm going to try a little this season).
Put a sleeve under the faucet with water running on it and 2 min. the water was feeling like it was starting to come through.
Not a bad piece for the price, Just my .02

mlgc20

WKR
I have the Hells Canyon soft shell jacket. I really like it. Warmer than you think and the quality seems very good. I gave mine a Nikwax treatment for some extra rain/snow resistance. If your in a high desert type climate that doesn’t get a ton of rain, it’s a great choice.

OP
H

Hhardrockminer

Lil-Rokslider
Hey Mig, I'm in SD(Black Hills), hunt in Mont. mostly so we have a very different weather system here.
5" of snow yesterday and 47 degrees today, never know what this wonderful area will bring no matter what the weather liars say. Snows almost gone now and should all be gone by Wed.
Just hoping that this jacket turns out to be as nice as I think it will, great weight, nicely put together and seems as though it should layer well, leaving Thursday for deer and elk in Mont.
i'll let you know what I think after. Hhardrock

Krieg Hetzen

Lil-Rokslider
I have their Speed jacket and pants. Both are 4 years old. They’ve held up durability wise fairly well, small hole in the pant leg. They were never good in any kind of rain beyond a quick shower so I did a camp dry treatment this year, it worked out okay. They aren’t very good at all with wind though, I throw on almost any other shell or grab the ground tarp if I’m going to be exposed to wind for longer than a few minutes, it has a tendency to cut right through. It can make for a cold day on the mountain that’s for sure. The pocket layout is pretty good, I like how high the thigh pockets are (I hate pockets by my knees). It’s thick enough to keep mosquitos out and breathes well when the vent are opened.
It worked well enough that I wasn’t rushed to replace it till this year after I had gotten most of the other stuff I needed.

Great quality stuff for the money. I just wish I could find it in forrest green. All I can find online is Atacs AU in my size. I've been looking religiously for months trying to find a size large hoody in green. I dumped all my Kuiu gear this year and will be running the hells canyon line besides pants.