Browning trail cameras and moisture..

Bcowette

FNG
I have been running anwhere from 6-10 Browning trail cameras on a propert in MN bluff country. Seems the last few years I've had a ton of them crap out and I believe it may be due to a lot of dense fog always in the air and heavy rain etc. Seems when I go to check cards on them there it is often wet inside the doors. Has anybody else experienced this and are there cameras that are better than others in these conditions? Aside from the financial frustration there is nothing worse than going to check a camera thats been out for months only to find out 8t crapped out a week or two after it was put out.

I've got several of them that I've had for a few years, some remain in the field year around, and I haven't had any issues with them. In fact I have one that squirrels chewed through the housing on right above the motion sensor and it got soaked inside. There was condensation on the backside of the flash and LED menu. I brought it home, allowed it to dry out, patched the hole with JB Weld and it still works fine.

Hunt41

Lil-Rokslider
That sucks. I haven’t had any problems with mine. Are your trail cameras placed in direct sunlight? Maybe starting with cool damp conditions and switching quickly to direct sunlight may cause condensation? Just a thought.

Squamch

WKR
I haven't run a browning.
My bushnell/tasco cheepies seem to die if I set them too low and they get buried in the snow, always end up full of water.
No issues with the big heavy assed moultries in the same conditions.

My hunting areas routinely get 3-4" of rain in a day, so, a bit moist.

Pgohil

WKR
Sorry you've had problems. I've got one refurbished Browning, and itsy best cam. No issues at all. Freezing cold/rain, snow. No issues.

Any way a gasket is twisted or somehow not dealing properly?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

RCL

WKR
I've had several Browning cams out for four years now with no problems. On private land, I never take them out of the field.
Only one I had a problem with was due to leaking batteries.
Also have a couple of Bushnells that are on year three and doing fine.

Tod osier

WKR
I have been running anwhere from 6-10 Browning trail cameras on a propert in MN bluff country. Seems the last few years I've had a ton of them crap out and I believe it may be due to a lot of dense fog always in the air and heavy rain etc. Seems when I go to check cards on them there it is often wet inside the doors. Has anybody else experienced this and are there cameras that are better than others in these conditions? Aside from the financial frustration there is nothing worse than going to check a camera thats been out for months only to find out 8t crapped out a week or two after it was put out.

I always take a small piece of aluminum coil stock about 5x10 spray painted Camo and use it for a roof. I just strap it to the tree under the cam and bend it to shape. Totally half assed looking, but it works.

That's to bad, I'm running a dozen of them in 3 different models, oldest one is 4 years and haven't had any issues. I left them out from September to May last year and all survived .I haven't had any issues with moisture inside the access panels. Definitely not experiencing the same humidity you probably are in the bluffs though.

Last edited:

Ace12

Lil-Rokslider
Ive almost switched all my cameras over to brownings with zero failures over the past 4 years.

OP, what batteries? On the flashlight forums they are called alkaleaks for a reason. Don't want a battery to ruin a $3000 flashlight, or a $100 game cam.

I run several Brownings and have no issues. I like the features, performance, and especially the video quality.

Last edited:

Trial153

WKR
I hate to say but I have good luck with browning from a realiable standpoint

3Blade

FNG
many of us are running browning cameras from june thru november in northern MI with none of these issues. i have had other brands not seal properly and be ruined by rain but not my browning cameras.

Nsmith163

FNG
Had one Browning cam stop working due to moisture in Western Oregon. Sent it in two years past the warranty and they sent me a new one.

Frosty

FNG
I have a bunch of Browning cameras and have been overall very happy with them. I keep them all in lockboxes (public land). I find with the camera sitting in the housing of the lockbox, if its raining, seems to sit in that cohesive 1/8" of water on the bottom of the lockbox. Even with the drain holes of the lockbox. I live on Vancouver Island in BC and it can be extremely wet. The camera can seem to absorb moisture, I notice in the readout screen of the camera. But I usually have a spare camera with me to swap out with a "wet one" and take it home to dry out. The warranty ive found is great! Ive had to fight for peanuts with Moultrie. Where Browning is great and reasonable to deal with.