Browning warranty/customer service? Cracked stock

sndmn11

WKR
Today we learned that the medallion stock on the xbolt my brother has been shooting and planned to hunt with is cracked. It happened some time today and he shot another 9 after we discovered it and POI was as it should be at 600 yards.

Has anyone dealt with Browning's warranty and customer service? The crack is at the inlet the bolt handle drops into and forward. Does anyone think this should not be hunted with in two months?
PXL_20210815_195841334.jpg

Dcrafton

WKR
Today we learned that the medallion stock on the xbolt my brother has been shooting and planned to hunt with is cracked. It happened some time today and he shot another 9 after we discovered it and POI was as it should be at 600 yards.

Has anyone dealt with Browning's warranty and customer service? The crack is at the inlet the bolt handle drops into and forward. Does anyone think this should not be hunted with in two months?
View attachment 317060

My knowledge is that they are awesome to deal with.
My shooting buddy is there product manager.
So, for now just contact them at there Morgan location. If you don’t get the answers you are looking for then let me know and I’ll talk to my buddy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

WKR
So, for now just contact them at there Morgan location. If you don’t get the answers you are looking for then let me know and I’ll talk to my buddy.

Here's the rest of that stock.
PXL_20210815_215032117.jpgPXL_20210815_215103349.jpg
PXL_20210815_215719943.jpg

Last edited:
Id probably try and glue it if I had to hunt with it.
I think they will be good to deal with they warranted all the dura touch stocks.

But I doubt you'll get the medallion back unless you pop it out and put it into the new one.

Personally I'd get to looking into an in stock aftermarket.

OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

WKR
Id probably try and glue it if I had to hunt with it.
I think they will be good to deal with they warranted all the dura touch stocks.

But I doubt you'll get the medallion back unless you pop it out and put it into the new one.

Personally I'd get to looking into an in stock aftermarket.

I am wondering if it is a replacement type thing if I could work something out for a McMillan or (if they are actually carbon) a carbon/foam.

Yes they suck. Had a wood stock crack just like yours did on a browning X bolt Varmint Special also and they didn’t warranty it. The gun sat in the safe for I’d say 2-3 years until the hells canyon models came out and stock manufacturers started making stocks to fit the gun. So i put a McMillian game scout on it and never looked back

OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

WKR

Talked to them this morning.

The rifle was produced in 2009, and the warranty for firearms is 5 years. They said we could send it in and they could potentially repair at our cost, or replace the stock with another and we could probably get a break on that cost. I asked about the feasibility of a Mcmillan or Pro carbon/foam, and he said that they did not sell those and liked to keep models as close to original as possible. He said service could be anywhere of a handful of days to more than 8 weeks.

He did send me over to the parts guy who told me a new gold medallion wood stock was $476 and I would need to bed it. He said they did not sell the mcmillan or the carbon pro stocks.

A member on here had listed a Mcmillan stock when I first got this rifle earlier this year, and I was close to buying it. We decided to see how the rifle shot in the fancy wood, and it shoots great. I contacted that member and he kept the stock customizing the rifle, but did offer to sell me the factor take off, which seems to be form a hells canyon model, for basically the cost of shipping.

The story behind the rifle is that at some point during or shortly after 2009 one of the family members at my former employer, Davis Tent, won the rifle at a banquet. It sat in the safe in my office until earlier this year, and I always tried to talk someone out of it because it was cool. Earlier this year, I did some swapping and she became mine. My count is at 168 down the tube since it was never fired until this year, and my brother shoots it very well.

I may give Mcmillan a call and see if anything is in stock.

PsRpOiGrRiAtM

Lil-Rokslider