Browning X-Bolt 30-06 Scope Recs

Weber

FNG
I am picking up a Browning X-Bolt Hell's Canyon SPEED Bolt-Action Hunting Rifle - .30-06 Springfield

I'm looking for a good Scope. I'd like to keep it under $1000 but could budge.

I mostly hunt in thick brush opening up into 300m muskegs. But also want to be able to take it out to 500-700m if needed. I'm trying to stick to a single rifle. I was thinking 3-14 or so. I looked at the Leupold VX3-HD but I've read about the Leuppys having tracking issues. I plan to mount into a Badger Condition One Modular Mount with a micro red dot, so it needs to be 30mm or 34mm tube.

What do you got?

Last edited:

RS3579

WKR
I put a Nightforce SHV on mine. It fits/feels great. Not unbalanced. Rugged and tracks well.

JW@TRACT

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
This is a bit of a "budge" but thought I'd throw out the TRACT Toric 30mm scope. Awesome tracking as well as a smooth mag. ring for transitioning from short to long range. Super rugged too. Either way, good luck in your search. (There is also an MRAD version as well).

Bater

WKR
I own a half dozen LHT’s and V4’s and never paid more than $800 for any of them.

Last edited:
OP
Weber

Weber

FNG
Liberty Optics has the LHTs for $750. There’s a wait associated with LO, but they typically have the best price for vortex products.

Very helpful. Thank you! I do need it before August 30th to get it sighted in for Black Bear, alternatively can just use my 458 SOCOM, but would be ideal.

BCD

WKR
If you have a deadline, you might call Scott at LO first. Supply chain has been slow this year.

Add to chart to see price
The LO website is showing them for $999 which seems odd as I bought one from them a few months ago for $799....

Been very happy with my leup vx5-hd but would like to try that vortex lht. Too many good choices out there.

I bought my son the same gun and got him a vx3hd in 4.5x14x40. The gun feels great however the 4.5 power maybe too much for up close work. I have not tried track with it so I have no insight. The scope does appear though to be well made. But have a vx5hd 3-15 on my m77. It is built like a tank and should suit you well.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
I mostly hunt in thick brush opening up into 300m muskegs. But also want to be able to take it out to 500-700m if needed. I'm trying to stick to a single rifle. I was thinking 3-14 or so.

Why do you want that much magnification for “mostly 300m”, and occasionally 500-700m? As well, how much do you practice shooting past 300m?

I plan to mount into a Badger Condition One Modular Mount, so it needs to be 30mm or 34mm tube. I'm doing this to add a small red dot at an angle.

Why a mount made for HOB of an AR platform for a bolt gun? And why do you want a red dot on a hunting rifle?

OP
Weber

Weber

FNG
Why do you want that much magnification for “mostly 300m”, and occasionally 500-700m? As well, how much do you practice shooting past 300m?
I'm plenty capable of shooting out past 700m.
Why a mount made for HOB of an AR platform for a bolt gun? And why do you want a red dot on a hunting rifle?

Because my use case requires it.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
I'm plenty capable of shooting out past 700m.

So you’re plenty capable past 700m, but you don’t know what scopes work for shooting mostly to 300m but occasionally to 700m? What scopes have been working for you so far out past 700m?

Because my use case requires it.

Genuinely curious, what use case requires a bolt actaiin 30/06 with scope that is 2.5+ inches HOB with an offset red dot?

So you’re plenty capable past 700m, but you don’t know what scopes work for shooting mostly to 300m but occasionally to 700m? What scopes have been working for you so far out past 700m?

Genuinely curious, what use case requires a bolt actaiin 30/06 with scope that is 2.5+ inches HOB with an offset red dot?

Same