Browning X-Bolt 30-06 Scope Recs

The holosun is separate from the scope budget.

Roll it into the scope budget, get your optics budget in ones, and take it to the local strip club.

It'll make more sense than putting the optics setup for a semiauto DMR onto a hunting rig.

OP
Weber

Weber

FNG
Roll it into the scope budget, get your optics budget in ones, and take it to the local strip club.

It'll make more sense than putting the optics setup for a semiauto DMR onto a hunting rig.

You haven't seen our strip clubs.

I'm not a fan of this aggressive "your stuff is wrong" mentality I see on boards and reddit. Assuming you mean well (mid writing this you posted the below so I'm positive you do) then I'm happy to explain. I'm catching the same flak on a thread about treated down. Sarcasm and non-constructive comments. So I apologize for jumping to the conclusion you intend to bring the same.

What is the other rifle that this is going on?

AR-10 and a NEMO OMEN. I use the exact same setup on my AR-15 with a Vortex Gen III 1-10, except I use a Aimpoint T2 (prefer a closed tube for its use case and always on, where the holosun is attractive on a bolt gun for its shake-on feature), and I was opting for the 1.54 height vs my 1.70 C1 Mount.

I like 3x mag for 50+ meters. I like red dot for under or thick stuff where I want both my eyes.

I deal with a lot of bears where I live, so fast target acquisition is important to me. I know people hit charging animals up close with a 3-9x but all my practice and training is using a canted dot so why use a less optimal method that I would have to learn. I also hunt deer in some real thick stuff where I've had them come within 20-30 feet in poor light. An open red dot sight is much preferred in these situations.

The HOB is a nonissue for me, I prefer my head a little up, I almost never shoot prone. I shoot ARs with a 2.8" HOB on round counts far exceeding in a year what I will ever shoot from my bolt gun. Because of the red dot, I don't have POI concerns in short ranges. I understand I won't shoot as flat at longer ranges, but that's not a primary use, just something I want to be able to do as needed, I'll build a separate setup for when/if I need consistent 700+ shots.

I think I covered it all, apologies if not, I'm sure someone will be here in a moment to tell me how wrong all this is (and I'm open to considering any helpful advice). People also tell me to not hunt with 5.56 and to invest in Gamestop.

I like the idea of 14x but 10 is fine. 14x is great for target verification when I lack the time or availability for a spotting scope.

Last edited:
So, I'd probably optimize for the Nemo and go with a 4-16 or 3-15 with a multiple rotation turret and lots of range of adjustment.

I'd just accept that you're doing anything inside of 100 yds with the RDS and worry about just keeping the X-Bolt "adequate"

OP
Weber

Weber

FNG
The only reason I wanted it by September is for Bear, but I very much could take the .458 SOCOM if I can snag a FFP LHT by November. I'm intrigued. Do you know anywhere there are more details?

EDIT: Found the thread on it.

The first 3 listed are all $200 plus more but I am going to look into them. Any virtues over in particular?
Redhawk rifles always has Zeiss V4 demos for great prices. Hundreds below MSRP. I’ve got 2 I got from there and love them.