Browning X-Bolt Hells Canyon McMillan worth fixing?

I picked up a Hells Canyon McMillan in 26 Nosler cheap because someone had lost the bolt. I was going to part it out but decided to send it to Browning to see what a new bolt would cost. It will be almost $400 all said and done. Is it worth fixing, or is the 26 Nosler a thing of the past?

Also, any thought on rechambering the X-Bolt?

Thanks for your insight!

Grumman

WKR
I guess it depends on how much money you would have into the rifle with the new bolt. Could you buy the bolt and sell it complete and turn a profit? The 26 Nosler has seemed to have waned some in popularity but is still a good round.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’ll give you $800 when you get the new bolt in! Lol see you turned a profit on it. But seriously I’d have no problem fixing that gun and keeping it, 26 nosler is always on the shelf at my local sportsmans.

2five7

WKR
Most definitely worth fixing. That's a $2000 rifle new, still brings $1500 or so used. Feed it some 140 Bergers and I think you'll like it!

Dcrafton

WKR
Before I spent the money on fixing it, I would inspect the barrel or have someone inspect it. That is an awesome caliber but they do burn barrels faster than other calibers.
It would suck to spend that money on it to find out the barrel is shot out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk