Browning X-Bolt Pro vs Hell's Canyon Speed

take5

FNG
I could use some help deciding on one of these rifles chambered in 300 win mag. I own a Hell's Canyon Speed in .308, but I'd like to pick up a 300 win mag and I've narrowed it down to either the X-Bolt Pro or the Hell's Canyon (not sure about long range or speed). My local gun shop has a used X-Bolt pro (2017) for $1,499 and the Hell's Canyon for about $1,129. I like the feel of the X-Bolt pro, but I don't know if the carbon stock and extra fluting is worth the another $370. I do like it, but I'd rather go for the best rifle for the money. For what it's worth, I am not likely to ever shoot out past 600 yards.
Any insight and feedback is appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

Spoonman

WKR
They are both great rifles. I own a couple pros and a few other brownings. My best shooting browning is a pro long range in 300win mag but all the others are great rifles as well. Buy the cheaper one and add that saved money to a alpha scope. You will find ammo the rifle likes and paired with high end glass 500-600 yards and beyond will be fairly easy to achieve.

My vote is for the hells canyon long range. Mine is also the 300 win mag. The long range model has a different bolt handle and a heavier contour barrel. That’s really the only difference I know of. Myself I like the heavier barrel. I don’t know if your a fan of brakes, but it has to be the loudest gun I’ve been around. I can’t shoot it without hearing protection

I have the XBolt Max Long Range in 300 win mag, adjustable check rest, over sized bolt handle, heavy contour fluted barrel, 5/8x24 muzzle break (just replaced with the new Browning recoil Hawg). This gun is a tack driver. Handloaded 220 grain ELDX at 2795 fps. took my bull at 505 yards last year. Just another option to make the choice harder...lol

I also have an XBolt speed in 30 06 and an XBolt Western Hunter in 28 Nosler, both also tack drivers!!!!!

Please don't tell me where these are at I might drive there to buy one!!! I have a Zeiss V4 scope without a home and there are no Xbolts anywhere near me.

Got the Pro in 300wsm, very happy with it!
Paper plate at 600yd gun.
Pleasure to carry in the mountains and it just feels good to shoot.

OP
take5

take5

FNG
Please don't tell me where these are at I might drive there to buy one!!! I have a Zeiss V4 scope without a home and there are no Xbolts anywhere near me.
@TNKnoxville if you were to add another in 300 win mag, which do you think you’d pick up? The pro, speed or long range?

I had a hells canyon speed 30-06, my friend had an X-Bolt pro .270. They both shot the same. Just go with whatever looks/ feels better to you

OP
take5

take5

FNG
I appreciate all if the feedback. Still interested in hearing more information about any of the models listed.

Spoonman

WKR
I have a pro in 6.5 prc and I like it more than the non pro model. Stainless cerikote barrel and fluted bolt. Couple things on the pro that the speed and others don’t have. Like I said before they are all pretty good shooters. I’d spend more on glass if you can.

I'd get the Pro or long range for the heavy sporter barrel. My personal preference is the thicker/heavier barrel. I'm intrigued by the Pro stock also. Would come down to whatever felt best in my hand. I've not had a chance to play with a Pro, can't find one!!!!!

Staubah

FNG
I am so glad I came across this thread. I’m looking at both those rifles as well for a first timer.

I have the browning Xbolt Max LR in 300 Win-Mag and it shoots like a hammer. I love my X-bolt. Making a shooting range this weekend to 750 yards to finally shoot over 300 with it. I highly recommend the LR, but I have also not shot the speed or a Hells Canyon.