Browning X-Bolt Reviews

urds1406

FNG
Hello All,

I am in the market for a 6.5 PRC. Looking at the Christiansen Arms Ridgeline or the Browning X-Bolt Hells Canyon. Anyone shot the Browning? Doesn't have to be the PRC but just wondering how the shot?

Thanks!

I have a HC speed in 300 wsm. I love it. Haven't had time to work up a load yet but grabbed a box of federal fusions (think I paid 19 bucks for them) and it shot .86". Hoping I can get .5" with handloads but haven't had the time to do it yet

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Tohopko

Lil-Rokslider
I just sold off my 6.5CM X-bolt Predator Hunter. Great rifle, 0.4moa with factory American Gunner 140s, about the same with 130gr STGK handloads, and managed to get down below that with 140eld-m handloads. My rifle required a little "snappier" bolt closure than I prefer. A quick, sharp throw was easy, but a slow close, working to maintain sight picture and cheek weld, would result in a firmer shove to lock the bolt than I like. Too much time with Tikkas! I changed out the factory trigger spring for an MCarbo, which gave me a nice pull at around 2.3-2.5lbs, but ended up shooting with a Timney the most, at around 1.5lbs. With the Timney, you loose the bolt-safety interlock button, but I didn't miss it.

rlmmarine

WKR
The stainless stalker i had shot great bit beware the coating beowning puts on the stocks comes off and makes a gluey mess. I talked with browning about it at the nra show in dallas and they said they new about it. I have a few other xbolts but i only by wood stocks now

Ps the nikon failed on that hunting trip to
7 days of rain
That was also the last nikon i ever purchased

Attachments

• 20171010_185251.jpg
    20171010_185251.jpg
    252.9 KB · Views: 81

Evergreen

WKR
I picked up the first available 6.5 prc in the hells canyon long range that I could find. Sub moa with factory eldx. Currently working up a load for it, I've got moa with hand loads but still trying to hit that sub moa mark.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
The duratouch getting sticky is a known issue for years now. Browning knows about it and repair you gun "free of charge" in 6-10 months once you get a RMA and send it in. That issue and their cerakote issues on their wicked wing duck guns and the numerous issues with their maxxus gas duck guns, mechanical and finish related. I've only got one browning left. While 99% of their guns work mechanically great I would rather just not mess with a manufactor with so many known problems.

archp625

WKR
The stainless stalker i had shot great bit beware the coating beowning puts on the stocks comes off and makes a gluey mess. I talked with browning about it at the nra show in dallas and they said they new about it. I have a few other xbolts but i only by wood stocks now

Ps the nikon failed on that hunting trip to
7 days of rain
That was also the last nikon i ever purchased
I'm curious how it failed. you can PM if you would like. I own all Nikon's and haven't had a problem, but want to know issues others have had.

I am looking at picking up the new stainless stalker. They are just shipping them out. Same gun just doesn't have the duratouch on the stock. Luckily my a-bolt slug gun with duratouch has been flawless and the duratouch has held up very well without a single flaw

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved
I have both and love both. A hells canyon in 6.5c and ridgeline in 300 win mag, between the two have just about everything I’d want to hunt covered. Both are out of the box sub MOA, have nice adjustable triggers (ridgeline is a little nicer), and are fun to shoot. You couldn’t go wrong with either.
I will say the hells canyon has a strange thread pattern where the ridgeline’s are threaded in the most common pitches. Could be a problem if you want to suppress or go after market on a break.

My hells canyon speed hasn't made it afield yet but I've put my A5 with duratouch has been put through the ringer and it's still feels like the day I bought it

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Vrybusy

Lil-Rokslider
I currently have two X-Bolts, one Speed (26 Nosler) and one Long Range (28 Nosler). Both are fantastic guns and shoot very well. I'm looking to pick my third (30 Nosler) up next week. I love the short 60 degree bolt throw on the Browning's, no worries about hitting the larger scopes with the bolt handle. I think Browning discontinued the Dura-Touch coating (rubbery feeling) with their latest models, even though I think they sorted that out over the last couple of years. I really like that finish. The camo pattern on these guns as well as the finish on the barrel/action blends in the woods very well too. Good luck! You won't be disapointed.