browning x bolt scope recommendations

ziggy-73

FNG
i bought a browning x bolt 300 win mag and am looking for a scope for it and there are so many scopes out there i am having a hard time getting a good idea on what to get. i live in wisconsin so i usually only have 100 yard shots but would like to do some long range with it up to 600 yards or so. my price range would be under $1,000 if possible. let me know what would be a good set up, thanks

I have a Burris Veracity 5x20x50 on my Browning Xbolt MAx Long Range and a Zeiss V4 4x16x44 on my 28 Nosler. Both awesome scopes. My Burris tracts and returns to zero no issues. The Zeiss is a bit sharper and no issues!

The Zeiss is a bit smaller and lighter.

Bdjones

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Burris Veracity 5x20x50 on my Browning Xbolt MAx Long Range and a Zeiss V4 4x16x44 on my 28 Nosler. Both awesome scopes. My Burris tracts and returns to zero no issues. The Zeiss is a bit sharper and no issues!

The Zeiss is a bit smaller and lighter.
Hey are you running a 28 nosler in the browning xbolt hunter?

I'd like to pick ur brain on bullets and dope at range.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

The 28 Nosler is the Xbolt western hunter. I'm having a custom load developed for it as we speak. I'll give you all the info when I get the ammo. I broke it in with 2 boxes of Hornady ELDX ammo I found. Shot it very well. Wasn't shooting for groups but it was nice tight groups when breaking in the barrel. Gun seemed to like them. But then again my Browning Xbolt 300 win mag and 30 06 both shot <1" groups with them.

tylervond

FNG
Not meaning to hijack, but I have a 7 mm mag x-bolt hunter coming in and I’m also looking for an optic.
I’m curious as to how a 50mm objective works or does it sit too high? With no ability to adjust the cheek, I’m worried about the scope being too high.

260madman

WKR
Fellow cheese head. Pretty vanilla. I’m not big on Xs for shooting. Less is more most times.

EF505068-3890-4D6D-991F-44566E38C43A.jpeg

Wassid82

WKR
Used Nightforce NXS might be the ticket. I bought my first NF a while back and it will be hard for me to get away from it. Crystal clear and sharp. its pitiful what I used to use when starting to hunt... Might as well had wrong size of bifocals

OP
Z

ziggy-73

FNG
Used Nightforce NXS might be the ticket. I bought my first NF a while back and it will be hard for me to get away from it. Crystal clear and sharp. its pitiful what I used to use when starting to hunt... Might as well had wrong size of bifocals
i know what you mean, iv used scopes that were under $100 for a long time and i really need to get something better than that for sure

Skee7533

FNG
Many many quality options out there. Find one you like, with the options you want. In my opinion, for under $1000, it is hard to beat the Zeiss Conquest. That said, I have a Leupold VX-3i CDS ZL on my Hell's Canyon Speed in .270 Win.

LightFoot

WKR
Swarovski Z3 or Z5 with BT
Leupold VX-3i, VX-3HD with CDS-ZL
Nightforce SHV
Zeiss V4

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I just picked up a Leupold Vx-5 3-15x44 with the windplex reticle. It is crystal clear and really light. I would highly recommend it.