Browning XBolt Long Range Hunter Insights?

DB Cooper

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Hells Canyon model. 300 WM. This gun shoots great. It shot 0.5 MOA groups with 3 different ammos on day 1 after some break-in

Jeremyc_1999

Lil-Rokslider
I have one in 26 nosler. It shoots well with very little load development. It's great to pack.

rlmmarine

WKR
Watch out on browning stocks i love the x bolt but the rubberized coating on the hells canyon or stainless stalker turns to gooo in bad weather. I talked with browning a the dallas nra show and they new of the problem but hadnt corrected it. Thanks in a big way it totally ruined a ky elk hunt for me
Now i only shoot x bolts with wood stocks

Spoonman

WKR
I have the Hells Canyon long range in 7mm and it’s a 1/2 moa gun and shoots great out to 700 so far. I also have the pro long range in 300wm and that shoots the Berger 215’s factory ammo Amazing out to 1000. The issue with the stocks I have not seen and heard that has not been a issue for some time now.

Mine is a Pro Long Range with the carbon fiber stock in 300WSM. Tested probably 10 different factory loads and ended up with 165g Barnes. She is definitely a shooter...my buddy who reloads doesn't invite me to shoot with him anymore;)

I have one of the Long Range stalkers in 7mm that shoots damn near everything great. Keep in mind I changed the trigger to a Timney because to be honest the stock trigger left a lot to be desired. The upgraded spring you can get from a few different places only slightly polishes the turd.

With that said, there are other options if you’re looking for a more long range oriented gun. Don’t overlook the HMR or Ridge from Bergara. The only reason I push the others is because they’re 700 clones so the aftermarket for them is huge. Want a new stock? No problem. New trigger? No problem. Also the stock bergara trigger is miles ahead of the browning IME.

If you’re up to spending more, I’ve heard awesome things about the Mesa Long Range from CA as well. However that price is getting up there a bit in comparison.

deerlick

FNG
I have the xbolt max long range in 300win mag shoots very well right out of the box. Very good option for the budget long range shooter.