Brunton eterna spotting scope.

Shrek

WKR
I just ordered a Brunton 3-18-50 spotting scope for $270 from sportsmans guide. Has anybody tried one? Says it has japanese ht florite glass. These are a closeout special and seem to be a good deal.

I've got one...I think...mine is 18-38x50.

I don't have the $$$ for really expensive stuff, but I really like the size of the Brunton. Swaro snobs could probably find plenty to pick on it about, but it works.

OP
Shrek

Shrek

WKR
I've got one...I think...mine is 18-38x50.

I don't have the $$$ for really expensive stuff, but I really like the size of the Brunton. Swaro snobs could probably find plenty to pick on it about, but it works.

Thats it. How do you like it? Have you hunted with it yet ?

As I said, the size and weight are my favorite things about the scope. Optically it seems pretty good but I've never sat next to a Swarovski 10 min before the end of legal light and compared the two.

So far it has been good enough to tell me whether a buck is worth making a stalk on or not

dotman

WKR
Another one worth lookin at is the Minox MD50. Probably the best non hd 50mm spotter and you can get a demo for $229 from cameralandny or new at b&h photo for $269, look for reviews and you will see the only 50mm spotter that is better is the Nikon ed. I have the little minox and it is amazing glass for the price. I picked up a demo and it was brand new just had been to a trade show but never taken out of the box.

OP
Shrek

Shrek

WKR
Dotman , I was looking at the minox md50. I was going to buy one until this deal came up. I had a twenty dollar off coupon about to expire so... I have the burton eternas binos and like them. Better than most but not ziess-swaro quality. My budget is forcing compromise. I got more wants than I got gots !