Brux Barrel

OP
fire arrow
Nice group. My barrel made it to my gunsmith a few weeks ago. Only problem is there are people ahead of me. If my action doesn't need to be reblueprinted I hope to have the build completed and back before hunting season. I have a real good chance of pulling a antelope tag in NV and would like to break in my new rifle.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I didn't have to do any of that with the Tikka action. My gunsmith just checked it for square and put it together. It's also nice that you don't have to install a new trigger with the Tikka. My next custom will also use a Tikka action and most likely a Brux barrel. I have already started thinking about what I want to build next. Only problem is the cost!

I look forward to seeing yours when it gets done!

OP
fire arrow
I didn't have to do any of that with the Tikka action. My gunsmith just checked it for square and put it together. It's also nice that you don't have to install a new trigger with the Tikka. My next custom will also use a Tikka action and most likely a Brux barrel. I have already started thinking about what I want to build next. Only problem is the cost!

I look forward to seeing yours when it gets done!

Me too. I don't want to big my gunsmith, but would love to see some pictures of my barrel, the action broke down, before and after Cerekote. Shot even a picture of when he opens the barrel channel up. By far this will be the pride of my small collection.

OP
fire arrow
O ya. Here is my best load with RE-22. Only problem is it's around 3100fps and it's just at max charge. Not looking for that speed. So I am working with H1000.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 42

Broz

WKR
Sam, hold out for those 215's I hear they are coming down the pike. H1000 is the powder in a 300 win with bullets 200 and up. Put a 28" tube on that girl and you will see 3K. The last "Snowy Mountain Rifle" that came across my bench we got 2990 from a 26" with the 215's. No pressure signs.

I can't say it enough but the 215 is to a 300 win what the 300 is to a big 338. They breathed new life into mine and it is a killing machine. I can't wait to hear what you think of your new rig when it is done.

Jeff

Broz

WKR
With a 7STW I'm waiting for the 195's and hopefully they'll do the same.

Here are my thoughts. Berger nailed the BC on the 210,215,230, and the second try at the 300, they also nailed the BC on the 168, and 180's. They have done a much better job with advertised BC's than any other company I know of. Way better than some :rolleyes:. If their prediction of just under .8 for a G1 BC on the 195 is correct, and we can get the velocity I think we can from a short Bearing surface Hybrid O-give. That 195 will be the breaking point and when the 7's will be whipping the 30's. At that point my 300 win will be close to ready for a new tube. I will blow the dust off the 7mm-300 win reamer change the bushing in the Redding dies and my 300 win will be a 7mm-300 sending 195's over 3100 fps maybe close to 3200. That will be a very good combo. That is if we get the BC close to .8. I remain optimistic.

Jeff