Brux Barrel

Just ordered my Brux barrel for my 300 mag. Got a #5 contour with flutes. All the research I did on them shows they make a good barrel, and the gunsmith I went with said to use them. Was going with a Kreger, but a six month wait didn't sound all that good. So the question is, does anyone have any feed back on the Brux barrels? Good or bad. Would appreciate any comments.

30-338mag

FNG
They make good barrels and got their start with Obermeyer same place as Kreiger,Mike Rock and few others. If you trust your gunsmith that should be good enough if your second guess him why have him build your rifle.

OP
fire arrow
They make good barrels and got their start with Obermeyer same place as Kreiger,Mike Rock and few others. If you trust your gunsmith that should be good enough if your second guess him why have him build your rifle.

Ease up. Never ment I didn't trust my gun smith. I like to get as much information as possible, so I can make a good decision. This guy knows as much about building rifles as any other top gunsmith, I have never shot a Brux. Just wanted some feed back.

Dixie07

Lil-Rokslider
I would be interested in what others have to say. I ordered a Brux barrel for a 7mm LRM I am having built. I am expecting it the second week of January.

OP
fire arrow
I asked around, and did some searches for positive and negative feed back. No bad, all good. This is one place I didn't ask, and thought it wouldn't hurt to ask again.

philw

Lil-Rokslider
I have two, one on a .264 WM, and one on a 7 Mashburn. I went with un-fluted #3's on both and I'm happy. Both rifles are more accurate than I am. (yes, I know I missed the bulls-eye):

targ.jpg

30-338mag

FNG
Ease up. Never ment I didn't trust my gun smith. I like to get as much information as possible, so I can make a good decision. This guy knows as much about building rifles as any other top gunsmith, I have never shot a Brux. Just wanted some feed back.

I may be missing something but according to your first post you already ordered barrel "Just ordered my Brux barrel for my 300 mag and the gunsmith I went with said to use them" so you made your decision before you posted. Why would you want feedback after as you put it "feed back on the Brux barrels? Good or bad. Would appreciate any comments."

I don't think my question was out of line based on your post.

OP
fire arrow
I may be missing something but according to your first post you already ordered barrel "Just ordered my Brux barrel for my 300 mag and the gunsmith I went with said to use them" so you made your decision before you posted. Why would you want feedback after as you put it "feed back on the Brux barrels? Good or bad. Would appreciate any comments."

I don't think my question was out of line based on your post.

Well lets see. Yes I did order a barrel, and did some research first. It never hurts to ask as many people that have experience with the product as possible. Maybe someone tried a #5 and found that there was an issue with it, and I might want to look at a #4 or #6. Is a forum not for discussion? Bottom line I had a question, wondered if anyone had any input that could help either way, if ya have nothing that can help, or don't want to have a friendly conversation, thanks for looking.

But to answer your question, if there was enough bad feed back from guys with valid points, I would take these points to my gunsmith and we would talk about it over coffee/rockstar. If need be, I would just have to order the Kreger barrel, and try and sell the Brux.

Last edited:

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
The Brux barrels are hand lapped twice so I don't think they need much break in. I just shoot a few shots then clean for about the first twenty shots. I don't claim to be an expert but that is what I did for my barrel.

bradb

WKR
Brux are as good as any there is, good guys to talk with. They are only about 30 minutes from me so I just run over and get my barrel when they have them ready. My most recent smokeless/and bp subs 45 cal muzz barrel has been a take driver with a variety of sabotless bullets and loads. Just seems what ever you stuff down the barrel has bullet holes all touching at 100 and it shot great out to 500 the other day.
Now I just have to order a couple more barrels before there increase in Feb

FURMAN

WKR
Here are a couple of groups from my 7WSM Brux. It will hold much better than .5 moa out to 800 yds(farthest I have shot so far)
20130117_235726.jpg

20130117_235631.jpg

bradb

WKR
Talked to them yesterday. They are about 16 weeks out on barrels at this time.