WTS BSF Barrels and X-Caliber Barrels

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I just became a dealer for both BSF Barrels and X-Caliber Barrels. I'd like some opinions from the Rokslide community on if I should stock these barrels or keep them as a special order item. I'd appreciate the feedback.

Click the links below to view each company's website:
https://www.bsfbarrels.com/
http://www.x-caliber.net/

I haven't worked out the pricing yet, but it will be well below retail if you see me posting them for sale here on Rokslide.

OCHO505

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
X-Caliber barrels are out of this world! So accurate and customizable! You can pick twist rate, contour, fluting regular or spiral and the rifling.

BSF one of the only barrels get 24" and stay under 2.5#'s. Stay very cool to the touch even if you dump 60 rounds rapid fire. They use a nut on top of the barrel to keep the carbon tight so it wont move. I am considering one of these currently. I just can't decide which. Only bummer X-Cal is 10 week plus wait!

gbflyer

WKR
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have several X-Caliber barrels. No carbon cause that’s not my thing but if it were I would not hesitate. I have one of their Savage prefits, it’s a good one. The rest I have chambered. I’ve found that if they say 6-8 weeks delivery, it’s been my experience that they do that. I have a .338 on order right now. Only knock if there is one is that email questions are pretty slow but they seem to answer the phone, which is super cool. I also have Harts and Liljas. Have not tried a cut rifling barrel from those that do that because I don’t want to wait a year for one. That’s BS.

OP
LEO Outfitters
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
X-Caliber barrels are out of this world! So accurate and customizable! You can pick twist rate, contour, fluting regular or spiral and the rifling.

BSF one of the only barrels get 24" and stay under 2.5#'s. Stay very cool to the touch even if you dump 60 rounds rapid fire. They use a nut on top of the barrel to keep the carbon tight so it wont move. I am considering one of these currently. I just can't decide which. Only bummer X-Cal is 10 week plus wait!
Well, when you decide what you want, let me know. I'll do my best to make it worth the wait.

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Just my opinion but the biggest source of frustration I see when folks start a rebarrel or custom build project is getting timelines and schedules for components to line up. I've got to imagine places like Northland, Stocky's and Bugholes are doing pretty well for themselves on in-stock barrel inventory right now given current wait times for custom barrels. I've talked to a couple dealers that buy/sell/trade in the Savage market and as the impact of the Remington implosion and sale comes into focus, they are going gangbusters.

Without knowing anything about your business, it would still seem like a safe bet to stock some AR barrels, and then 264, 277, 300 barrels in common configurations. There may be others that are advantageous to have around but folks seem to favor the long skinny bullets lately. Start small and see what the run rate is on inventory maybe?

OP
LEO Outfitters
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Can you do prefit shouldered barrels for Zermatt/Bighorn Origin actions?
Yes. X-Caliber does a Bighorn pre-fit. I'd suggest you go to the website, design the barrel the way you want it, then give me the specs and options you chose so I can price it out accurately for you.

Dadnstuff

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I can say that Andrew works diligently to provide a very competitive price for these barrels. I ordered an X Caliber carbon fiber barrel from him the other day and def saves some $$$.