BTX Magnifier

Sadler

WKR
Just picked one up and am pretty disappointed with it. It seems like the clarity in my 85mm BTX went down a noticeable amount once I added this. It was almost like I couldn’t get it to focus all the way. Has anyone else noticed this with these magnifiers or am I just expecting to much?

pbcarch

WKR
Yes I agree. The magnifier in my eyes does cut down on clarity and light.
Now is it enough to NOT see your game? I cant answer that as I have no hunting use with it yet. What I can say is it's definitely not useful in low light conditions

One other thing to consider is perhaps it's meant to extend the range of use (ie...you can see out to 1000 yards vs 500) , not add the same level of performance ???

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I like to use the magnifier with the BTX once I have located game out past a couple miles. It definitely loses some resolution and I do not use it in low light conditions.

I have found the magnifier is awesome when used with my ATX65. I keep it in my bino harness when I'm backpacking and use it quite a bit.

OP
Sadler

Sadler

WKR
Yes I agree. The magnifier in my eyes does cut down on clarity and light.
Now is it enough to NOT see your game? I cant answer that as I have no hunting use with it yet. What I can say is it's definitely not useful in low light conditions

One other thing to consider is perhaps it's meant to extend the range of use (ie...you can see out to 1000 yards vs 500) , not add the same level of performance ???

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I don’t think it’s enough to not see the game but yeah, you’d be cutting it close in the early morning and late evening. I was just expecting it to be better. I feel like it’s way more useful without it than with it but I also put clarity over magnification.