BTX, Outdoorsman’s & Protection

Anyone out there running an Outdoorsman BTX Balance Rail on a 95mm? If so what are you doing for protection or case to protect your BTX System. I love the rail, it’s awesome.

But it’s sure hard to find a case or cover that will work well in conjunction.

I was hoping the marsupial gear case was going to be big enough but it’s not even close. It’s even tight with the standard Outdoorsmans balance rail.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Mine set up with the Outdoorsman rail fits in the Marsupial case. It is tight at first but that material stretches out just a bit and it fits perfectly. I can throw up some pics later if you need.

OP
Travis Hobbs
Mine set up with the Outdoorsman rail fits in the Marsupial case. It is tight at first but that material stretches out just a bit and it fits perfectly. I can throw up some pics later if you need.

It fits with the BTX Balance Rail or the standard Outdoorsmans Balance Rail?

I can get my standard outdoorsmans balance rail to fit in Marsupial case but the one they designed for the BTX isn’t even close.

This is the BTX balance rail- it supports it with (3) points of contact, pretty big, but super light and I like it much more than the standard balance rail.

A59E3D1B-E5B6-4D9F-A804-5BDF1FC88F9B.jpeg

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
B6B4E4C2-7FD6-4926-941F-A7CAF184153E.jpeg

771E2C1A-8461-44BD-BCFE-A4FB564F202E.jpeg

F1921D25-40A2-4C1E-8333-20CCB48A6AFF.jpeg

B7520595-B987-4DA0-B482-5CE3CB290A9A.jpeg

I want to say it would not zip up at first. But it is Cordura, not steel. The material is tough but will stretch out a bit. Move your zipper pulls to both ends and then close towards each other as far as possible. Come back in a couple days and it will be looser. Unzip, then rezip closer. Repeat until you can close and them move both zipper pills to a low stress area and let it sit.

OP
Travis Hobbs
Thanks man! I can’t believe it fits! I’m going to give her another go I guess! Try and stretch it out!

Does anyone know if this Outdoorsman balance rail fits with any of the BTX stay on cases like the Outdoor Vision or the swaro case?

GPATTI

WKR
Does anyone know if this Outdoorsman balance rail fits with any of the BTX stay on cases like the Outdoor Vision or the swaro case?

If you want to give it a try with the Outdoor Vision, let me know and I will get a set headed your way for a “tester-outer”. Send me a PM and we can communicate from there. Really not sure of the tolerance in between the contact points and the spotter, if there is any at all. Either way, if you are willing, I am able.

If you want to give it a try with the Outdoor Vision, let me know and I will get a set headed your way for a “tester-outer”. Send me a PM and we can communicate from there. Really not sure of the tolerance in between the contact points and the spotter, if there is any at all. Either way, if you are willing, I am able.
Wow thanks for that! But I just received my Outdoor Vision case last week for my 95mm and really impressed with it so far. I don't actually have a rail yet though!

bpurtz

WKR

It does not fit with the Swarovski stay on case. Fatrascal

On a scope with the Swaro SOC installed, it seems to me like a shim and slightly longer bolt could be used to attach the Outdoorsmans Balance Rail to the Arca Swiss adapter. I could easily come up with the shim - can the bolt included with the Rail be changed? Anybody have an opinion on this "fix"?

bpurtz

WKR
bpurtz, that's a great and simple idea. Thanks.
I posed the same question to Outdoorsmans and they suggested it would work. The rail comes with a 3/4" bolt - Outdoorsmans recommended a 3/8-16 x 1" found at nearly any hardware store for the fix. I'll probably try a nylon fender washer for the shim.

I've got an Outdoorsmans Balance Rail coming in on Monday - I'll try to post a picture if it works.

bpurtz

WKR
The shim and 1" bolt didn't really work as well as I wanted - I ultimately decided to just cut out the padded fabric where the rail is in contact on the SOC.

20201215_175955.jpg