BTX - Stay on Case and Packing

RickNold

FNG
I broke down and got the BTX with the 95mm objective. What is everyone using at their stay on case? I'm new to spotting and want to figure the best way to pack / hunt with the optic so it's easily accessible yet protected from the elements, falls, etc.

Anyone have any experience with the SG Approach 2800, will the BTX fit into the optics case on the bag? Or is there a better way to pack the optics to have them quickly accessible on a tripod? I'm a newbie so forgive me.

The Marsupial BTX case is perfect, because it provides protection while on the move, then allows you to separate it from the optic whle glassing. One of the problems with stay on cases is they increase the profile of the optic. Specifically, the dangling ocular and objective covers. While glassing in the wind, there’ll be a lot more vibration. Which will result in poorer image quality.

If you already do, or think you will, get an ATX/STX eyepiece. I’d recommend getting an ATX/STX 95mm Marsupial case. Then, get the Marsupial case that only holds the BTX eyepiece. Packing the BTX configuration is an odd shape that’s annoying to manage in the pack around all the other gear. This idea of course is only good if you plan on packing both eye pieces.