Bubble level for non-dialing scope?

Anyone use a level on scopes that you don’t spin dials with? Putting a 3-10x42 SHV on a 300 win mag for a bombproof point and shoot rig and debating whether I need a level or not.

After having one on my rifles now I think I want one on all rifles just for the consistency aspect when testing or working on load development. I also have ballistic reticles in any of my scopes that do not dial.

Moneyball

WKR
For a point and shoot rig I wouldn’t think you would need one.

My spuhr rings had a level built into them, but I didn’t find myself using it too terribly much as I usually wasn’t much off and for the size of the level it isn’t going to be but so accurate, like using a 4’ level vs a little 1” level.

Used for both hold over and dialing.

I’m sure someone will be able to go into more detail and probably have a better system. Just throwing out my experiences.

-$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bwhntMT

Lil-Rokslider
I have one on my 300wm and on my muzzleloader. It has vastly improved my shooting. Same canting principle that applies to archery also applies to long guns. If it is tipped off center it will shoot off center. Depends how fussy you want to be about accuracy. I am a little fussy.

You can always carry one, and clamp it on if you feel the need......

IMG_8955_zpswiuydyxf.jpg

Be aware and do some additional research, but it has been my experience that some bubble levels out there use liquids that do not perform well in cold temps...

In my recent experience with a friend that know a lot more than I do, his bubble level cured a big problem with my gun shooting right, only at long distances.

I'll share his simple technique;
Pull scope off and check level from base mount to base mount- they should read the exact same!
Once both are level and tight, attach another level to barrel, for reference of gun level.
Add scope, check level at top turret to barrel level.