Buck Bed - No Joy (Looking for advice)

wildernessmaster

Lil-Rokslider
I am pretty sure I found a decent buck bedding area last night. Here is the situation...

50 yard wide strip of old Pines running between (and like a finger) into a bunch of old cut down, scrub and random young pines. Walking the firebreak between the old pine and scrub, I found two small pines side by side (maybe 3 feet between them) both with good rubs at about 3.5' - 4'. Looking to the right I noticed some other pines with rubs on them and then noticed a very clear and well defined deer trail. It went in the direct of the public asphalt road which was about 200 yards away with a strip of old pines between it and the scrub. Walking the trail I found new and old rubs all the way along the path through the scrub. Some trees were rubbed on both sides - all about 3.5' - 4' off the ground; all very good rubs (some a foot long and 4"-5" wide). Secondary trails ran off both sides in all directions, with some terminating in what clearly were pronounced and well used indentions in the scrub/grass that were beds. The only things I didn't find (but didn't search hard) were poo and hair.

I set up in the old pines about 20 yards into the wood line on a tall pine offset from the trailhead. Got there before light, was up in my saddle and stayed until 1. Wind was pretty much dead still until 10/11, then it was the type of wind favorable to me. Other than a crow, didn't see or hear anything.

How should I hunt this? Eastern US (NC), public lands...