Bucket list hunt

Michael54

WKR
What's the one animal that you have always dreamed about hunting? Where would you hunt it? Why?

I've always wanted to hunt Elk or mule deer in Idaho since I was in high school. I was a bookworm growing up and a lot of the western books I read described the land as something I just have to see one day. Spending most of my life in western pa going out west in general is just awesome to me.

SWOHTR

WKR
One of randy’s Latest podcasts lead you to this question?

I’m similar - elk/mule deer in Idaho, since I am a resident there and have yet to tag either there.

keller

WKR
elk hunting is great fun just got back from new mexico helped my cousin tag a nice bull.my #1 bucket list hunt was a Kodiak brown bear I saved money for many years 20 + and each time I was close family obligations took precedence.finally I was close and nothing came up my wonderful bride said go I know you've always dreamed of it.so I did took a beautiful bear and would do it all over again if I had the chance. I think about that experience every day.absolutely no regrets.do it while you can!!

OP
Michael54

Michael54

WKR

I’m similar - elk/mule deer in Idaho, since I am a resident there and have yet to tag either there.
[/QUOTE
I think it's kind of a combination of i finally committed to a hunt there next year and finding rokslide a few weeks ago just looking for a good pair of hunting boots that will last more than a year. Going through this site and seeing people talking about their hunts and listening to the podcasts and reading reviews has me pretty pumped. Add in the fact that i skipped this years montana trip and just got the text that the camp is set up from my friends and in laws, I want to see what everyone else is dreaming of getting to do one day

OP
Michael54

Michael54

WKR
I bet that was a blast! Also hear New mexico has some nice sized elk there

SWOHTR

WKR

SWOHTR

WKR

Tippy Top of the list: Whitetail Deer on my private 500+ acre home/hunting compound.

Red Stag New Zealand. More for the location than the animal really.

OP
Michael54

Michael54

WKR
Tippy Top of the list: Whitetail Deer on my private 500+ acre home/hunting compound.

Red Stag New Zealand. More for the location than the animal really.
I think white tail deer on your 500+ acre home/hunting compound might make my bucket list. 😂😂😂😂

Rob5589

WKR
Ever since I was a kid, mountain goat. That white hair flowing in the wind at 12k + feet seems amazing. Behind that is pronghorn, which probably seems kind of odd to most. Based on money and ability, the pronghorn is the only one that will/can happen for me at this point.

OP
Michael54

Michael54

WKR
Ever since I was a kid, mountain goat. That white hair flowing in the wind at 12k + feet seems amazing. Behind that is pronghorn, which probably seems kind of odd to most. Based on money and ability, the pronghorn is the only one that will/can happen for me at this point.
I posted the same question in a pa deer hunting group on facebook. I was suprised at the amount of people that said pronghorn.

Krieg Hetzen

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve always dreamed of the Big 5 in Africa... seriously though Elk on Afognak Island just north of Kodiak. I’ve been putting in for 5 years now and everyone who’s ever told me about it says it’s the most grueling miserable hunt they’ve done, I can’t wait.

AK Shane

Lil-Rokslider
Ibex: Mid-Asian, Bezoar, Altay, Himalayan, Gobi. One of these days I'll be in Asia hunting ibex. I'm not too picky which sub species. Of course some of these ibex are live in countries that aren't too friendly to Americans so a few are more doable than others.

OP
Michael54

Michael54

WKR
Literally 57 years ago, as a 5 yr old city kid who couldn’t get enough of the outdoor magazines, my dream of a ram in the Yukon began. I’ve finally put myself in a position to go this coming August. I’ll need a new number 1 on the bucket list, successful or not.
Good luck!

Blackdirt Cowboy

Lil-Rokslider
Gotta be a big horn sheep for me. Elk was on my bucket list, but I’m checking that off this year. I don’t know if I’ll ever have the opportunity to chase a sheep. At 40 years old and just now accumulating points, it might be a pipe dream.