Bucket list hunt

dwils233

FNG
I see other people are interested in NA sheep hunts but I'd love to chase a free range audad in NM or TX, or a free range bison hunt just about anywhere

glass eye

FNG
Big Bucket !
On my short list is upland birds on the Big Island Hawaii starting this Nov 2.
Then King Eider in Alaska in Dec.
Although I've killed several Axis Deer on Lana'i I want to take one on Molokai in May.

Sometime in the not too distant future; Kodiak Blacktail and Pacific Eider combo. Red Deer in NZ.

jfs82

WKR
Wild Bison, wherever...
or
Dropped way back into Alaska with my brother for a few weeks, game? anything delicious.

I've had a lifelong dream vacation of roaming the Mongolian steppes for a month, turning it into a hunt/gather my food vacation would prob be the top of the list if it was even a thing.

Fitzwho

WKR
Pipe Dream: Lord Derby Eland (even commissioned a painting of one)

Rest of the bucket list is to work through the Super 10, then finish the deer and caribou slams, and eventually hunt as many of the Super Slam as I can. Doubt I will ever hunt a Polar Bear, but who knows.

In the midst of all of that, I would like to try and hunt a big game animal is every state in the US and province of Canada. Some of which will take care of both sides. Have all of 5 states and 1 Province covered so far.

Next big trips are probably going to be a Caribou in either Alaska or Newfoundland and Sitka Blacktails. First of which will probably end up being in 2021. 2020 is looking like hunting Kansas, South Dakota, and Montana for a mix of Mule Deer, Whitetail, and Pronghorn. May swing an invite to hunt black bear in Maine next fall as well.

Ever since I was a kid, mountain goat. That white hair flowing in the wind at 12k + feet seems amazing. Behind that is pronghorn, which probably seems kind of odd to most. Based on money and ability, the pronghorn is the only one that will/can happen for me at this point.
Pronghorn was at the top of my bucket list until this year. I used 5 points in Wyoming and filled my tag with my bow on a nice buck.

Mt goat has been a dream of mine for a long time with moose a close second. In about 12 months I hope to be booking a combo hunt in BC to hunt both. Just something about those white goats that I love. Maybe it’s the beauty in their coats or maybe the mountains they live in but I have always been in awe.

Joekidd

FNG
What's the one animal that you have always dreamed about hunting? Where would you hunt it? Why?

I've always wanted to hunt Elk or mule deer in Idaho since I was in high school. I was a bookworm growing up and a lot of the western books I read described the land as something I just have to see one day. Spending most of my life in western pa going out west in general is just awesome to me.
Mountain goat in Alaska, because mountain goats are almost as awesome as Alaska

Trial153

WKR
I haven't thought much of it as I been bowhunting other animals but i am not far a way from archery super 10 , caribou slam, and deer away from a deer slam also. I think I better rewrite my list and get some more hunts booked.

OP
Michael54

Michael54

WKR
I haven't thought much of it as I been bowhunting other animals but i am not far a way from archery super 10 , caribou slam, and deer away from a deer slam also. I think I better rewrite my list and get some more hunts booked.
I have way too many animals needed. The closest slam i can complete is the breakfast slam at eat n park

I would really like to have a good archery Central Canadian Barren Ground Caribou hunt. So far my 17 days of hunting over the past two seasons in Nunavut haven’t worked out.

The other is a good archery Mt Caribou for a big polished and palmated bull to mount. I’ve hunted them a fair bit in B.C. (6 DIY bow hunts) and twice in the NWT and don’t have a bow kill to show for the effort. If I successfully arrow these two species I’d have an archery super slam.

Trial153

WKR
I would really like to have a good archery Central Canadian Barren Ground Caribou hunt. So far my 17 days of hunting over the past two seasons in Nunavut haven’t worked out.

The other is a good archery Mt Caribou for a big polished and palmated bull to mount. I’ve hunted them a fair bit in B.C. (6 DIY bow hunts) and twice in the NWT and don’t have a bow kill to show for the effort. If I successfully arrow these two species I’d have an archery super slam.
The central barren ground hunt scares the hell out of me as it's been so hit or miss. I can seriously see a week up there and not seeing a bull to drop a string on. That said I might go for it anyway. Franke completed his super slam when arrowed one this year.

OP
Michael54

Michael54

WKR
I'm jealous of all of you guys that can use an actual bow. A shoulder injury playing football has eliminated that for me. I have to force myself to find reasons to take the crossbow out. It feels like I'm cheating.