Bucket list hunt

Shrek

WKR
Whatever is my next hunt. I’ve got to the point where I’m thankful to go hunting period and my goal is to go one more time every time I finish a hunt. My health is going downhill and I’m not sure what I’ve got left in me. Putting in for elk and mule deer this winter and will have my hunt club in Georgia. One more hunt is my buck list.

tracker12

WKR
I have always had a list which means lots of hunts. It had deer bear, elk antelope, caribou ect. You get the drift. Well this year I crossed off the last animal on my list a moose.

My goal every year is to hunt somewhere new. It’s just as much about the country as it is the animal I’m after for me. I mean who wants to hunt somewhere ugly... Goat and sheep top my list but if could only hunt one animal the rest of my life it would be mule deer.

For the past 45 years, Brown Bear has been at the top of my list. I’m 0-2 on that one.

I still need a Douglas Squirrel and a Kaibob Squirrel to complete my NA Squirrel Slam.

Since going to Kodiak I’ve added Mountain Goat to the list but I’m quickly aging out of that one

If I can get my bear and squirrels I’ll die happy

bigtuck

FNG
I would love to get a brown bear or one of those monsters in New Zealand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doc Holliday

WKR
Classified Approved
Stone Sheep. Because of their beauty, the challenge, and the awesome wilderness I would find myself in while hunting them.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

My bucket list started when I was just a boy watching “The American Sportsman,” Fred Bear Hunting Videos, and reading hunting books and magazines. I was captivated by stories of the African Big 5, Wild Sheep and Goats, and Bears. But for a blue-collar kid from small-town USA it was all just a “maybe someday” kind of dream.

But life is unpredictable and through a combination of hard work, perseverance, and a string of lucky breaks I was able to pursue many of my hunting dreams. Just completed the SCI World Hunting Award (bow) - completed numerous Grand Slams and Inner Circles along the way including the Big 5, Antlered Game of the World, and many more - all via the arrow. Making friends all over the world was a huge unexpected bonus.

Now I’m a bit more focused on mountain game and have returned to hunting with both bow and gun. Currently working on the World Capra Slam and hope to finish in the next year or two - always wanted an Eastern Tur and am booked for this summer. Just recently took a Kamchatka Snow Sheep which was high up on the bucket list and just know I’ll be in Russia again - what a blast.

The animals I currently most covet and haven’t yet taken:
  • Rocky Mountain Bighorn (ever since seeing “American Wilderness” as a kid)
  • Eastern Tur - hunt booked
  • Any Argali Sheep

Animals I’ll never get tired of hunting:
  • Archery Mule Deer
  • Free-ranging Bushbok along any African river
  • Any Wild Sheep

Life is short - will continue pursuing dreams and enjoying the journey.

cnelk

WKR
I really don’t have a list anymore.
Ive checked off moose (Alaska & Shiras) caribou, elk, mule deer, whitetail, pronghorn, black bear, turkey, wild hog....

I’ve helped pack Mtn goat off 13k and no interest in sheep.

Now it’s just hunting for whatever comes along. Maybe something will make the bucket in the future.

Trial153

WKR
Rocky Mountain big horn, Mountain Caribou, Grizzly and polar bear ...are all high on my list in NA.

Snow sheep
Black buck in its native environment
Sindh Ibex

Sportsman247

Lil-Rokslider
Big horn and any place would do. I think it’s the most beautiful of the big game animals. Unfortunately unless I hit the big lottery and can just buy a hunt, that will be the only way I’ll ever get to go. Don’t have enough years left to draw a tag!!!

Doc Holliday

WKR
Classified Approved
Bongo - Western Africa.
Earlier today I was looking at a taxidermy company's IG page and noticed a shoulder mounted Bongo, had never heard of it so I started googling. It seems this is one of the hardest hunts in Africa...miserable, hot, sweaty conditions in the rainforest, ants and bugs biting you and falling down your shirt, with little to no visibility due to the thickness of the foliage, sometimes not actually seeing any animals for days on end...chasing pygmies and their dogs through the jungle. I searched "bongo" and found your post. I'm admittedly ignorant about hunting in Africa, but based on initial impressions, this is much more interesting to me, and seems like much more of a challenge than the typical African safari for plains game.

Karlburns

FNG
Growing up in AK I got to check a lot of items off the list. I get a moose every year for meat and am grateful for it. Tagged a gigantic caribou three years back finally. Now it’s on to Bison and Muskox. Very hard draws to get up here but I keep putting in for them knowing that solely based off mathematical probability I could go my whole life and never get either.