Bucklite Knives

Anybody have any experience with these? I know a lot of people are fan of the Havalon knives, but these Bucklite's weigh in the 3 oz range as well. I just like the Idea of a full fixed blade knife for skinning deboning quartering etc. Anybody use em yet or have any knowledge about them?

I, too, prefer a lightweight full tang knife over a Havalon. Before the havalons came out, I used to carry only a few scalpels, which worked great for cleaning but would have been less useful in a survival situation. Now I carry a Bark River Bravo Necker...only weighs about 2 ounces, holds an edge very well, and could be used for battonning, chopping, etc in survival mode. The new lightweight buck knives are the same idea, but I'm sure the Bark River is a much better blade.

Hoyts n Mulies

Lil-Rokslider
Both my hunting partner and I carry a bucklite. We picked them up last year. Seems to be an excellent knife, The blade takes a scary sharp edge and seems to hold it well. Like you said it is extremely light! I like to have a knife with a backbone when I'm in that far. Though I've thought of getting a havalon this year just for breaking down game. I'm a fan of having two knives with me when hunting.

I have been looking more into the Havalon knives. Small, light, replacement blades. That's what caught my eye. But I think that I need to look into the Bucklite. IS IT A BUCK!?!?! I have used bucks for years however I was finally disappointed in mine this year as it didn't hold its edge through two mule deer. So I am shopping.

Oh I know it is...I just wish that I could remember which steel was in my PRO. I has been a great one for me in the past and really held an edge. But for some reason this one time it didn't. I am going to be playing with it a little more this spring and summer as far as angles and on the edge to see what that knife likes best.

B

bearguide

the buck is harder to sharpen but it stays sharp a long time/

OP
ohhiitznik
Last edited:
These are all interesting knives. I have to admit that I have to grin when I see someone state that they have the lightest knife in the world. There are at least a half dozen makers offering ultralight hunting knives now, they have been coming out for the past few years now. All good for what they are designed for, just interesting that everyone claims to be the lightest or the first to bring this idea to market.

Larry

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
I like the Paklite knives by Buck. I use the PakLite Skinner, the blackened one. I combine that with a Havalon and between the two I'm good to go. I can't see spending the big dollars on the other options....

Hoyts n Mulies

Lil-Rokslider
Just looked up the differenct between Bucklite and Paklite by buck. The knives I referenced above as using was actually the Paklite series. They are great knives.