Budding sheep hunter looking for help

North61

Lil-Rokslider
Oops..I was about to suggest not buying a new spotter but hunt for a top tier instrument 2nd hand like an old Leica 77 or 62. If you get into this hard you won't stick with the Viper, but you'll be ok to start with.

Hi Brockolli,

Boy there are a lot of different facets to this conversation and rabbit holes to go down. I would say summer scouting would be a great place to start. It doesn’t even matter where. No matter where in the province you live you can get eyes on sheep or goats within a 3 hour drive and some hiking. Seeing them out, unpressured will be great to learn a bit about their habits etc. and learning how to judge them.

As far as your gear, you are miles ahead of where most start in their mountain hunting career. Although, like others have said, boots are very import and for those 2 species a decent spotting scope is also a handy item to have, even if you borrow one.
As far as actually hunting goat or sheep before school starts, the only GOS seasons I am aware of are up North. Good luck! Once you start your kind of screwed.