Buddy heater burn times

I run mine about 20 min in the morning and that again at night. Two bottles will be fine. If I am camping out of my truck I have a 10lb bottle I use and I run it a little more.

Whitetaildown215

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah I plan to bring a battery powered carbon monoxide detector for this reason. I think the buddy heaters have a safety shut off when the 02 gets low but I might be making that up?

I looked at a vented propane stove another user had posted about here but I don’t think it’s in the cards this year tho it’s a great idea.

Yep it does

Attachments

• 19731767-5274-41AF-9526-8654D1B08EF1.jpeg
    19731767-5274-41AF-9526-8654D1B08EF1.jpeg
    93.2 KB · Views: 53

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I would never run it all night, that's what your sleeping bag is for. But they're great for warming up the tent in the morning before you head out. That's all you should need.

I use a 40lb tank with a two-burner 30k BTU tank top heater in my 14x16 wall tent, and it will be like a sauna in there in about 5 minutes on high.

Got a link?

Here ya go. http://nuwaystove.com/product/model-3500/

Assume one of the detectors is faulty or the battery will die and run two in the tent in different places if running the stove all night. On low with one burner the 10X14 Flexbow is perfect and stingy with fuel even if there are snow flurries outside. Thinking about adding a Buddy to the gear list for a second KC tent I just bought. Won't hafta bother with the stove jack.

kodiak3.jpg

Thast pretty neat i have a 10x10 and run a buddy in the morn and just hook up a tank as its a base camp set up I though about doing this exact thing and a small wood burning stove too but stove would take up too much room i think but it doesnt take much to warm up the 10x10

Bsd0323

Lil-Rokslider
One thing to realize is that burning propane creates water vapor. For every molecule of propane you burn, you consume 5 molecules of oxygen and you produce 4 molecules of water & 3 molecules of carbon dioxide. So from a 20 pound tank of propane you would produce 32 pounds of water (if I did my math correctly).

This water produced will increase any condensation issues. In a canvas tent, it is not that apparent, but it pretty much makes it rain in my ice fishing tent.
Any way to combat this? Was planning on using mine in my alaskan guide tent this year.

We ran a little buddy In the evenings during an October Kodiak deer hunt. Probably used 3 total one pound tanks in 6 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sasquatch

WKR
Any way to combat this? Was planning on using mine in my alaskan guide tent this year.

That tent is vented. It will be fine, I use to have one myself.

At top of the tent there are vents that vent into the rain fly. If somehow that wasn’t enough crack a window but I never did have to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bsd0323

Lil-Rokslider
That tent is vented. It will be fine, I use to have one myself.

At top of the tent there are vents that vent into the rain fly. If somehow that wasn’t enough crack a window but I never did have to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I'm still trying to figure out the whole venting thing. We camped in it a couple weekends ago in cherokee, nc. Some mornings I couldn't help but think my clothes felt a little wet. We were near a creek and it was humid so blamed that. Ima late hunter as an adult and tent camper. Thanks for the advice.

Azscafe

FNG
I used to do the same thing with my wall tent in the Bighorn Mountains. One problem I had was that the Buddy heaters have a low oxygen sensor, and when I was above about 7000' it would not keep running because the air was thinner up there. Maybe they have changed that because that was about 12 years ago