Budget bow question

Trapperkid

Lil-Rokslider
I have an opportunity to buy a used diamond infinity edge pro for 200 dollars bare bow but It’s been used and I don’t know if I should get that or if I should buy an older flagship like Mathew’s triax I have measured my draw length at 27.5 inches pull about 50 pounds bc I’m weak and I like to be able to draw back without straining or having to make a ton of extra movement. I have a Mathew’s genesis to sell from my high school shooting days and a pse nova to get rid of as well as a Remington 770 to fund this whole project. Thanks for the advice.

bsnedeker

WKR
The infinite edge is a good bow to get a kid started on. There is a cost for all of that adjustability... the draw cycle is horrible and the back wall is oatmeal.

I would strongly recommend you buy an older flagship bow.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

OP
T

Trapperkid

Lil-Rokslider
For my weight and draw length and style what would you recommend I’m looking at Hoyt’s older bows

4ester

WKR
The Diamond is a good bow for young kids as it’s so adjustable. But since you are 27.5 DL and 50#, I would find a good used bow with 50-60# limbs. I would try to find one that is adjustable still and does not take mods for DL changes. But you may be limited depending on your budget.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For my weight and draw length and style what would you recommend I’m looking at Hoyt’s older bows
Get a Nitrum 30 with 50-60# limbs. You should be able to find one for 300.
Great bows. Easy to swap .5" draw length mods too without a press.

The Diamond is a great bow for new archers who either don't know what their specs should be or if they are growing kids. HOWEVER, it gives up some performance. I got a used one for my fiance to make it easy to get set up.

Reactions: Zac

VLDAVE

FNG
For short draw and low pounds I would definitely look for a used Darton DS3900. The 3900 carries a heavier weight arrow very well and in the short dl and lesser pounds that bow will be a great buy.. You could probabley find one for $200-$300... I would actually consider a 3900 over much of what is new out there today even if cost wasn't a thing..

TX_hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I’m not really sure what my budget is but I’m not wanting to spend very much like under 400

$400 for the bow itself will get you a used flagship bow, probably in the 4-5 year old range.

$400 for the whole set up is going to be pretty tight. Especially if you're wanting that to include arrows and a release. Your best bet is to find an older bow someone is selling fully set up, but you won't be able to be picky with accessories. If you end up buying a full setup, then changing out all your accessories then you'll probably end up spending more than if you had bought a bare bow and then got the accessories you wanted.

Spoony

FNG
I was just in your spot 6 days ago. I am a complete newbie, but I might be able to help. I found a Mathew’s Halon (2016) fully loaded with quality components, but not top of the line, for $600. Bow, case, 6 arrows, quiver, broad heads. It was a steal but the guy in front of me got it.

So I found a bare bones Mathew Vertix (2018) for $650. But after black gold sights, hamskea drop rest, 12 Easton carbon arrows, case, peep, strings, total sticker was $1525. Try your best to find a quality used bow that is already set up. It will be the best value. Hope this helps gauge your purchase.