Budget Day Pack

Benjblt

WKR
My buddy is on a tight budget and looking for a good day pack. It's not imperative that he is able to pack out meat with it but would be a nice bonus. The cheaper the better but the upper end would be $250 but more than likely $100 to $150. Any suggestions out there?

usmc99

Lil-Rokslider
I've got an eberlestock just one that I'd sell him for 225. Great shape and comes with a camp bag and rain fly.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I would look for the best frame i could around the 150-200 dollar mark and then get a dry bag or something along those line and put it on the frame.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

ColoradoHunterHiker

Lil-Rokslider
I've got an eberlestock just one that I'd sell him for 225. Great shape and comes with a camp bag and rain fly.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

That's not a bad route to go.... I've got a buddy who's packed out a daypack worth of stuff and 1/2 a deer. Of course he's got a Kifaru now, but that's likely way over his budget. Eberlestock makes good stuff, provided it fits his body - not too much adjustment - but not a necessity for a day pack.

Good luck

ColoradoHunterHiker

Lil-Rokslider
I've got a camelback trizip I'd sell for $150 shipped. great great daypack. Black very good condition.

CamelBak TriZip Hydration Pack

That's a pretty cool looking pack, especially with a 3L bladder in it...

I would look for the best frame i could around the 150-200 dollar mark and then get a dry bag or something along those line and put it on the frame.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

That's a great point. A good frame will last for a while. If he can bite the bullet and even strap a crappy jansport bag to the frame, he may end up better off in the long run. Especially if he's leaning toward ever doing backpacking/back country in the future. Buy once/cry once.

He needs the Dana Design K2 Longbed listed in the classifieds. Hailed as an excellent alpha level frame pack during its prime. Has 6100ci in the bag but detaches quickly for heavy hauling. At $125 it's a killer deal for someone looking for a versatile hauling pack that won't fail on the trail.

Leo45

Lil-Rokslider
For a day pack I really like my eberlestock gunslinger
Well, if your a rifle hunter lol
I got mine new for like $150