Budget Gear Gold?

Mtn_Nomad

Lil-Rokslider
Alright guys and gals. So I'm on a weight loss journey and trying to get back in shape. All my high end gear is no longer fitting and honestly, I dont feel like paying the high prices to replace it all. Im a whitetail hunter so not alot of backpacking and spending days in the backcountry. Anyways, what is some budget gear that you've found to be a great bang for you buck? Pants, jackets, base layers, or just gear in general.

The Walmart Wrangler outdoor pants seem to be on top of everyone's list and I already have a pair in every color

mstei4

Lil-Rokslider
This thread right here:

But after going through it you might just end up spending more than if you went with the expensive gear and didn’t have all the extra good ideas haha

DCT1983

Lil-Rokslider
I did something very similar a couple of years ago and one thing that I have done to still be able to wear my old pants is got a pair of suspenders. I love them.

I second the Wooltimate from Cabelas/Bass Pro. It is one of the few original Cabelas lines they have kept. Bonus is the “wind shear”.

Redwing

Lil-Rokslider
Used wool jackets and bibs. Cabelas Wooltimate or Columbia Brand.
Eddie Bauer puffy jackets or down.
Ridge Merino.

Also, good work on the fitness and weight loss routine! It's a journey, keep at it.

Bump79

WKR
Wrangler Mountain Pants
Eddie Bauer Puffy Vest and Jacket (pull over style with kangaroo pockets)
REI Rain Shell
Black Ovis Merino Wool Top/Bottom
Agree with this ^

Haven't tried the REI shell though but the rest is an incredible value.

I can vet the Black Ovis Merino. It’s great. Been the most durable of all my merino wool I own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hit the military surplus store. Also midway usa’s house brand stuff is pretty good for the money and they have great sales on it from time to time. Camofire has some good too deals once in awhile, they sell black Ovis merino which is pretty nice especially for the money.

I did a detailed write up/review on here about the Drake Non-Typical gear that I built a layering system with and am super happy with! The gear is already much cheaper than most of the high-end stuff and after they saw the review, Drake reached out and offered a discount code for 30% to anyone on this forum that wants to try the stuff out. Hit me up if you have any questions on the gear or are interested in the discount.

The only budget thing I've ever really like is the Eddie bauer pants.

Other then that the gear may be durable but usually it has wierd sizing, and in the case of the black ovis undies instead of sewing a triangle under the jewels. They went with a straight seam and it about wore a hole thru me.

I really like the black ovis 150 quarter zip hoodie. But it pills much much easier.

I've just never found the fit and finish of the budget stuff to be great. Close but you can tell where they saved money.
Not if you've never had the high end you won't notice. But if you've already had it I don't think you will look at it the same.

CR78

FNG
I did a detailed write up/review on here about the Drake Non-Typical gear that I built a layering system with and am super happy with! The gear is already much cheaper than most of the high-end stuff and after they saw the review, Drake reached out and offered a discount code for 30% to anyone on this forum that wants to try the stuff out. Hit me up if you have any questions on the gear or are interested in the discount.
I don't have enough posts to be able to PM you, but after reading your review, I'm totally interested in trying some of the Drake Non-Typical gear with that discount.

Seeknelk

WKR
Look at asbell wool for cheap high quality wool. Not a snug fit but perfect for tree stand. And SILENT. And USA made.

Minus33 Merino wool. Cheaper and softer than the major camo brands. Have held up great to daily use for past 2 hunting season

My post would have been wrangler pants. I will say I wish I would have purchased more solid colors that I can use everyday also. Like KUIU peloton and some Sitka stuff in solids I wear very often day to day but doubles as layering pieces. I have started this, but too little too late.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk