Budget Hiking Pants

Hey All!

Is there a decent budget option for hiking pants? What about the Ferrosi pants? I've always worn cotton or NYCO and realize they are not ideal fabrics. I am typically a day hunter, but I'd like to invest in more technical gear here and there.

Thanks for any insights!

STL

FNG
Eddie Bauer guides, prana zion, and the wrangler atg and outdoor flex are good budget options for the money.

MrSunday

Lil-Rokslider

Wrangler Men's Outdoor Comfort Flex Cargo Pant

I learned about these here on Rokslide. For the $ they are really tough to beat. Much cheaper than the Eddie Bauers or so at $21.92. No less a good pant though. Eddie Bauers are good but the stitching fails quickly on all my pairs (5). The Wrangler's waistband is great too as it flexes a bit. They also come in camo. Highly recommended.

Yard Candy

Lil-Rokslider
Eddie Bauer Guide Pro "slim fit". The regular is too baggy for the taste. I wear them every day... to work and the woods. I'm wearing them now actually.
0e6dedd2af710ac6c685d780e00b48ad.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

OP
cowboyarcher
Eddie Bauer Guide Pro "slim fit". The regular is too baggy for the taste. I wear them every day... to work and the woods. I'm wearing them now actually.
0e6dedd2af710ac6c685d780e00b48ad.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
See, I'm chubby, so slim is likely not for me!

P Carter

WKR
Outdoor research ferrosi are my favorite warm weather pant. Pockets are kinda small but no complaints otherwise.

dtrkyman

WKR
I wear Prana Zion most days I wear pants! Rarely wear jeans anymore and have a couple pairs I use for hunting, hiking, fishing. They fit me like a glove and have held up way better than I ever thought they would.

Typically find em on sale for around 50 bux, I think on backcountry.

OR Ferrosi for warm weather, Prana Zion for moderate temps. Neither are necessarily a “budget” option, but sales and discounts are easy to find for both.

I wear either those two for 90% of my outdoor recreation and have no complaints at all.

Hondo

WKR
The OR Ferrosi material is excellent but the cut of the pants wasn't great for me but I'm a bigger guy and not OR's target market. I love the OR Ferrosi Hooded Jacket though. They make good stuff and have a great warranty.

I've had good experiences with Marmot Scree pants, some Mountain Hardwear styles, Patagonia Field Pants, Eddie Bauer Guide and Prana Stretch Zion. The Wranglers are great for the price point and comfortable but have their shortcomings I use them mostly for scouting and non-hunting activities.

Frank Grimes

Lil-Rokslider
Check thrift stores. Can usually find something. Good place to look for wool and fleece. I used to hike in a pair of lightweight unlined wool slacks. They were super comfortable, lasted about 2 years and cost be 10bucks.

OP
cowboyarcher
I snagged a pair of the Walmart Wrangler variety. I'll give them some time, but for $21, I think I did just fine!