Budget hunting pant

I just wanted to throw this out there. I have a pair of corrugate guide pants from firstlite. I was looking for a backup pair when I hear this fella talking about his favorite hunting pant. He used the wrangler outdoor cargo pants. Just so happened my local Walmart was carrying them so I stopped to check them out. They feel ever so slightly thinner than the corrugate guides but they are the exact same type of material and they are only $21. They are an athletic cut and comfortable as heck. Maybe I’m just late to the game but I figured I’d mention this if anyone else has been living under a rock with me.

11boo

WKR
Let us know how they hold up. I have a pair of Sitka pants That only have two seasons on them and pretty dissatisfied. $$$ and seams are coming apart.

EastMT

WKR
There’s a pretty big following of those wrangler hiking pants on here, pretty good bang for your buck. Haven’t heard too many disappointed. They have been brought up over on the cheap gear thread a ton, pretty good reviews

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CJohnson

WKR
I have the wrangler pants. Wear them hunting and to work and they hold up pretty good. I’ve got one pair that’s about 2 years old. That’s about the same mileage I get from Carhartt’s.

stonewall

WKR
seems a lot of people like those. i have a couple labeled 34x34, but one feels more like a 32x32 and the other a 32x34. anyone else see weird sizing from wrangler?

I wore the outdoor pants from Wrangler last September and they worked great. I wear Wrangler khakis for work daily...make sure to try them on for size!

I wear the shorts to work during the summer. Great movement and pretty durable material. EB guide's and Prana Zion's are typically thrown into that discussion as well. I've hunted/backpacked with both. Not a bad pair of pants IMO.

260madman

WKR
I wore the insulated ones last weekend hunting. They are comfortable. I have quite a few of the non insulted ones for everyday use.

adamm88

WKR
seems a lot of people like those. i have a couple labeled 34x34, but one feels more like a 32x32 and the other a 32x34. anyone else see weird sizing from wrangler?

Yes, im bigger sized but my normal size looks like im a emo wearing skinny jeans(not flattering)

There older ones were definitely looser which i prefer personally

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

airbuds

FNG
I just wanted to throw this out there. I have a pair of corrugate guide pants from firstlite. I was looking for a backup pair when I hear this fella talking about his favorite hunting pant. He used the wrangler outdoor cargo pants. Just so happened my local Walmart was carrying them so I stopped to check them out. They feel ever so slightly thinner than the corrugate guides but they are the exact same type of material and they are only $21. They are an athletic cut and comfortable as heck. Maybe I’m just late to the game but I figured I’d mention this if anyone else has been living under a rock with me.
I got the sitka Timberline recently and they are holding up fine. No issue at all.