Budget NV

stank.243

Lil-Rokslider
I am looking to pick up a NV scope and I'm looking for a "budget" scope in the $500-700 range. Currently I am looking at the ATN X-Sight 4k Pro, Sightmark Wraith (if I can find one), and Sightmark Photon RT.

Does anyone have any reviews on these? I've been reading and watching quite a few reviews online. I was originally convinced to go with the ATN after reading reviews and seeing videos, but then found quite a few forum posts that were pretty negative. Most of those posts seemed to be from 2-3 years ago though. Maybe they got the bugs figured out since then?

Just started looking at the Sightmark NV scopes in the last day or so. They seem to be more widely liked and don't have nearly the negative reviews out there that ATN was getting.

Anyone with any experience with these scopes/brands that could share some input? Or any other brands that have a scope in that price range that I should look into?

I realize at this price point I am pretty limited on options, but any insight is appreciated!

The 4K Pro will be better than the Wraith, most Wraith buyers complain about small FOV. Some folks have good luck with their Photon RT as well. ATN has got some bad press but being an ATN product owner for the last 2.5 yrs, I have zero complaints. These digital NV scopes are like a video camera/computer with a cross hair and one needs to RTFM. (Read the manual). Most ATN complaints I read about are those that either have weak computer skills or didn't RTFM, another words, their problems are "cockpit" related.

TauPhi111

WKR
I just ordered the Sightmark Wraith HD 4-32x from Cabelas since I had a bunch of points and gift cards. From videos and reviews I watched and read I think it'll be pretty good for $500 bucks ( i got it for $300 so even better). I agree with weekender7 though, seems like most negative complaints come from user error or people having no idea what they are doing.

Once I get it and play with it a little bit I can let you know how it is. Very excited to get it.

JSTR

FNG
I just ordered the Sightmark Wraith HD 4-32x from Cabelas since I had a bunch of points and gift cards. From videos and reviews I watched and read I think it'll be pretty good for $500 bucks ( i got it for $300 so even better). I agree with weekender7 though, seems like most negative complaints come from user error or people having no idea what they are doing.

Once I get it and play with it a little bit I can let you know how it is. Very excited to get it.
how is it treating you? I'm on the fence looking at a decent budget option myself so real user reviews are def more helpful than most store reviews I see on websites. Thinking of grabbing the Wraith for some late night coyote hunts on my friends land

TauPhi111

WKR
So far I have really liked it. The one thing that is kind of a pain is that as you zoom in and out, the image goes out of focus and you need to refocus when you switch zoom level or look at something at a different range. It's not a flaw, it is just how the kind of scope works. That said you will definitely want to get a throw lever for the objective lense adjustment. You can find it on amazon for a few bucks. Other than that, the scope has been great although I haven't got to use it yet on anything other than my air rifle for shooting stuff in the back yard. In daylight mode, it's light gathering ability is amazing. When it is almost dark, you can still see a very bright image as if it's mid day. Night mode is very crisp and clear.