Budget pants for Idaho elk hunt

PlanoDano

FNG
I use the Union Bay pants also but have the Prana Zions and Kuhl in my quiver. All or good for Eastern Idaho but the UB does it much cheaper. Corrugates unnecessary as you probably will not be busting through thorny vines

7Bartman

WKR
I use the Cabela's 6-pocket pants and they work great. If it's real cold I throw some Merino wool bottoms underneath.

Cng

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve posted this in another thread, but for me the Pranas weren’t exactly cheap. Granted, I wore them pretty hard, but they stretched out quite a bit and got baggy in the legs. I also got quite a few tears, and I just didn’t think they were worth the price at all.

The Wranglers on the other hand were cut a little better for me and seem to be made of the exact same fabric as the Pranas for a third of the price. The stitching wasn’t quite the same quality as the Pranas, and I did have a broken stitch on one back pocket, but it hasn’t unraveled or affected function and I’ve had them for over a year now, I believe.

I bought a pair of nicer camo hunting pants (Killiks on sale from Sportsmans Warehouse, so still budget for this forum), but I prefer the Wranglers when I don’t need camo.

keller

WKR
I have several pair of the wranglers ordered 2 more today can't go wrong for $22 run a baselayer under if needed.if it's serious cold pair of puffys over.they dry as quick as anything else and are more durable than attacks.after buying the wranglers I seldom wear jeans they are so comfortable best of luck

Fonkie

Lil-Rokslider
The FL corrugates with some layering underneath if cold should be fine. The kuiu zip off bottoms are pretty nice for cold mornings & moderate afternoons. Personally my attack pro pants are my go to in all conditions.

fmyth

WKR
Eddie Bauer Guid Pro's are on sale 4 or more times a year for 1/2 price ($40). I have the EB Guide Pros, Kuiu Tiburon's and Walmart Wranglers. The Kuiu are much heavier but the EB Guide Pro's are my favorite.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I’ve posted this in another thread, but for me the Pranas weren’t exactly cheap. Granted, I wore them pretty hard, but they stretched out quite a bit and got baggy in the legs. I also got quite a few tears, and I just didn’t think they were worth the price at all.

The Wranglers on the other hand were cut a little better for me and seem to be made of the exact same fabric as the Pranas for a third of the price. The stitching wasn’t quite the same quality as the Pranas, and I did have a broken stitch on one back pocket, but it hasn’t unraveled or affected function and I’ve had them for over a year now, I believe.

I bought a pair of nicer camo hunting pants (Killiks on sale from Sportsmans Warehouse, so still budget for this forum), but I prefer the Wranglers when I don’t need camo.
Ha. I've got about 5 pairs of Pranas I've been wearing for 3 or 4 years with no issues, the Wrangler outdoor pants started falling apart in about 6 weeks. The material used between the two isn't even comparable. I'm glad guys like the wranglers, but they don't stretch like the Pranas when you move, and they aren't as comfortable or breathable. Im only out about 20 bucks on the Wranglers, but I certainly won't be buying any more, and I would be extremely leery of wearing them in a week long backcountry hunt.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

slvrslngr

WKR
Fan of the EB guide pros (or Rainier’s if you can find them). Light, dry fast, tough. Put on a base layer if it’s cold.

Cng

Lil-Rokslider
Ha. I've got about 5 pairs of Pranas I've been wearing for 3 or 4 years with no issues, the Wrangler outdoor pants started falling apart in about 6 weeks. The material used between the two isn't even comparable. I'm glad guys like the wranglers, but they don't stretch like the Pranas when you move, and they aren't as comfortable or breathable. Im only out about 20 bucks on the Wranglers, but I certainly won't be buying any more, and I would be extremely leery of wearing them in a week long backcountry hunt.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I wonder if we have the same pair of Wranglers? Mine stretch exactly like the Pranas. I can’t tell a lick of difference between the two fabrics except, like I said, the Wranglers haven’t stayed stretched out like the Pranas, or else I just don’t notice because they were cut a little better for me in the first place.

kurtis12

FNG
I came across the Wrangler 4 way stretch pants at Wal Mart on sale for $10. They are great. I haven't had a single issue with them and I'm on my second year with them.