Budget pants

Titan_Bow

WKR
You can usually find Prana’s in sale for 40 to 60 bucks. To me, they are definitely worth it. I’ve got some Zion’s that are going on 6 years, have been washed probably hundreds of times and worn in hunts, hikes, camping and daily wear, and they still look as good as new. They are double and triple stitched at every seam, and just feel way better quality. My wife brought me home a couple pairs of those EB pants from Costco last year, because I had heard the chatter about them. There is a very clear difference in the quality between the two. I could not see those EB pants lasting as long as I’ve had Prana’s last

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
B

BLJ

WKR
Ended up with a different style of wrangler pants. #ns849 i believe. I think these will work. The big thing for me is that I was able to try them on. We'll have to see how they hold up.

Kostrize

WKR
The Tactical Distributors Neptune pants are pretty nice and can be had in solids for around 50 on sale. They even have camo. Very similar feel to the EB guides, lightweight breathable quick drying nylon without a high amount of elastic

I got a pair of the EB guide pro work pants. I never wore the regular guide pros however the work version is really nice. They were an excellent purchase for me.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Frank Grimes

Lil-Rokslider
With these hiking brand stretchy pants, how quiet are they? I’ve got a pair of rab pants. Super comfy and awesome for hiking, dry fast and they fit perfect. But they are noisy. They swish if my legs touch kinda thing. It’s to warm for my wool pants though.Ideas?

zacattack

WKR
With these hiking brand stretchy pants, how quiet are they? I’ve got a pair of rab pants. Super comfy and awesome for hiking, dry fast and they fit perfect. But they are noisy. They swish if my legs touch kinda thing. It’s to warm for my wool pants though.Ideas?

I like my Eddie Bauer’s but they do seem to have that swish swish sound.

Agdog

FNG
How many of you are hunting in solid color Pranas or other solid pants? Feel like you’re concealed enough with a camo top? Sure seems a lot more affordable to go that route.

Gearqueer

Lil-Rokslider
I have been hunting with solid pants since last spring. I don’t have an unlimited travel and tag budget so saving on clothing helps. I have been using Wrangler and Eddie Bauer guide pants. Both have been great. Way better than less expensive camo pants I have previously owned. I can wear solids in everyday life, and far cheaper than their camo counterparts from Kuiu or Sitka.

I can’t envision a circumstance where they will blow your hunt on an ungulate. Maybe a bird, but I doubt that too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk