Budget Scope Purchase with Turret

BuckSnort

WKR
I've never heard of SWFA and can't believe everyone that is into them. I just can't get used to the fixed scope.

Search for SWFA scope threads here on rokslide and other forums and also youtube... The reason you never heard of them is they don't have the marketing like Vortex, Leupold, etc.... They are very known in the long range crowd and folks twisting turrets..

They make variable power scopes too.. https://www.swfa.com/optics/riflescopes.html?brand=SWFA SS

You can try one out and sell it if it's not for you and maybe lose $50 tops.... Especially right now while the sale is going the fixed 6x and 10x are only $255.00.... You may lose $20 on that deal if you try it out and sell is if it's not for you..

Seriously you owe it to yourself to watch some reviews on them before you buy anything...

Fatcamp

WKR
I've never heard of SWFA and can't believe everyone that is into them. I just can't get used to the fixed scope.

Spend a little more and get the 3-9.

They are not the only option, but if you intend to dial repeatedly they are solid.

Wrench

WKR
I have several swfa scopes. I wouldn't feel handicapped with a 6x ss at all. I run my 3-9's to a grand often.....the 6x is SUPER clear and that's something most won't understand until they see it.

It's kind of funny, I was about to post this exact question but I figured I should search first - turns out the answers were already there. I'm in a similar spot where I was planning on a SWFA 6x just based on the reviews, but I couldn't find many hunter reviews, just long range shooters and they consistently suggested the 10x instead which I thought was a bit much for hunting.

The only caveat I'm finding with the SWFA is the weight is a bit more than the alternatives, but you're essentially paying the price for repeatable turrets, is there anything else I should consider? I was originally going to keep an eye on Camera Land NY to see if the Midas tac's would go on sale, but I got laid off last week so instead of a $400ish budget I'm down to a $200ish budget, which puts me squarely in the used SWFA territory.

While I was hoping no one else would grab it - there is a SWFA 6x42 in the used section right now, but I've got to get my 10 posts in and wait 7 days before I can message the sender....