Budget trail cameras

BRoth82

WKR
I've been running the cheap Tasco trail cameras from Walmart, for the last 3 years. Battery life is good and pictures are ok for what I'm looking for. They have video mode and 3 shot burst mode, a lot features for a camera that usually runs $30 or so.

KEVINSENC

Lil-Rokslider
Walmart Tasco, 28 bucks, camera is pointing into the sun but I have been happy with the results given the price..

Attachments

• 00000121.JPG
    00000121.JPG
    430.4 KB · Views: 34

hikenhunt

WKR
I have a couple Wildgame Innovations that are at least 6-7 years old that I've used all over the place and are still going strong. Battery life is great and I've been happy with performance. They were pretty cheap from what I remember

OP
M

Mossy

WKR
Wow, I totally forgot to mention I ended up getting a muddy pro cam. I don’t know how well they work but it is small so it fits in my pack just right

Ldav07

FNG
I've had good luck with the cheaper Wildgame cameras as well as even the Tasco ones. Definitely dont need to spend a ton of money

pahunter3

FNG
I try to buy one or two anytime I see a screaming deal so I have quite the collection. Can usually find them between $30-$50 around black Friday and the holidays. Have a few tascos that aren't bad but you have to be careful what cards you use in them. I have primos and stealthcam that have been great too

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I bought 6 of the Tasco 8mp cameras at the local Walmart when they had them on clearance for $28. I ran them all as back-up cameras to my better ones. I have gone to putting 2 cameras in each location so that I don't go back after a few weeks to find one screwed up. I have been happy with them for what they cost. They all worked all season, all took ok pictures, and seem to be ready for next season. I had a new $100 Moultrie that didn't survive it's first season. The picture quality on the Tascos isn't up to what the $100 cameras are, but they took good enough pictures I never had an issue seeing the detail I needed to on a buck day or night. I had them on rubs, scrapes, mineral licks, or other spots where trigger speed isn't a huge issue.

Ditto. For $28.00 it takes pics and tells me when an animal is in my target area. Good enough.

gunsmith89

Lil-Rokslider
I have bought wildgame and had great luck. I recently bought a couple cheap tasco's for under 40 and they are 8MP and seem to take nice clear night and daytime pics. They only have a 5 sec delay as well.