Budget tripod head?

Looking for a decent head for my tripod to use with a spotting scope. Are there any decent ones that arent that expensive? Maybe around $100. Don’t know much about them or what to look for

Rodéo

WKR
I run the manfrotto 700rc2 head. Can be found for less than $100 new. I have had no problems with it so far (about a year). A little on the heavy side but cant complain since it's so much cheaper than other fluid pan heads. Tilts and pans without a problem, durability is good. Good product.
I run my 8x42 torics and 65mm razor spotter on it and it works great for both.

Salmon River Solutions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
you can find a used VA-5 sirui head on here. (just saw one online for $130) I just picked one up, and compared to a $300 outdoorsmans, a cheap vanguard head, and a promaster ball head. Its way smoother than any of these. Slightly larger and heavier than most but its seriously worth it.

Do you have a window mount? Just thread a small piece of 2" angle aluminum(or iron) for the tripod stud. Toss it on the tripod and clamp your window mount to it......

The VA5 is normally $164.99. We have it on sale thru Saturday for $131.99 and then you get a $30 mail in rebate. This is the head to buy.
It has a 6 year warranty, is Arca Swiss and better built then most of the heads in the similar price range

Call me if you have any questions. I'm in every day this week

OP
S
Everyone seems to like the va 5. Might have to look into that more. Thanks for the help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brent111368

Lil-Rokslider
I have one I'd sell, and it is brand new. I bought it and tripod in a package deal. I can't recall the brand, but is seems pretty nice. I can grab the brand tonight and get you a picture.

OP
S
I have one I'd sell, and it is brand new. I bought it and tripod in a package deal. I can't recall the brand, but is seems pretty nice. I can grab the brand tonight and get you a picture.

Let me know, I may be interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk